News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Seems the board is slowing down

Started by mcaswe, March 04, 2011, 11:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcaswe

I was thinking this was a server issue, but it isn't appearing that way anymore. Sometimes when making a post or writing a pm, it will take forever to move or respond, other members have complained of this as well.

I tried while this was happening once and clicked a random tab, it loaded in an instant, but seems when we make a post or pm, it will take forever. Any help?

Also does anyone know of cheap and affordable dedicated servers? Or whats the next step after a shared server?

Ashley S

Can i have an URL to test this out. It would be your Web Hosting Servers, being slow. Maybe you will have to upgrade it.

Depending on how many posts/topics/members you have on your community forum.

zeridon

This behavior is consistent with high read load on the SQL server. If your board is primarily read (select) bound then on write (insert). Profile your db usage and try to optimize it.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi mcaswe :) Often things like this are caused by other users on same shared servers than you are using, and if that is the case you might have no way to fix it yourself, while not really needing to upgrade your hosting either.
What host are you on? What kind of shared packages do they offer?
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: