News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Server Load High caused by SMF?

Started by colby2152, March 10, 2011, 11:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

My server people told me that the SMF forum is to blame for a server load that has ranged from 5.0 to 90.0 (generally around 20-30).  Any ideas and/or suggestions on how to optimize and improve (if at all possible) the website and its database?  The site is www.profsl.com.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

SlammedDime

If they can tell you that your site is causing high load, they should be able to provide something to back it up... is it mysql queries?  Hung index.php scripts?  If it's mysql, can they show the queries causing the locks?

Id also check your forum error log and start fixing any PHP errors that might be appearing in there.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

aidyUK

i hate to add to your work load but i went on your site (via the given url) and looked at the portal and across the top was a

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mlfb/public_html/PROfsl.com/smf/Sources/Load.php(2159) : eval()'d code on line 540
Infernogaming | xxaidyukxx <- Aim just add me

colby2152

Quote from: aidyUK on March 11, 2011, 04:47:06 AM
i hate to add to your work load but i went on your site (via the given url) and looked at the portal and across the top was a

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mlfb/public_html/PROfsl.com/smf/Sources/Load.php(2159) : eval()'d code on line 540

I am aware of that problem... would it be causing the server load?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Arantor

It might be, it might not be, and no, attaching Load.php won't help, since the problem is almost certainly not there.

Admin > Server Settings > Disable template evaluation and we'll try again to see where the real problem is.

colby2152

Quote from: Arantor on March 11, 2011, 10:06:54 AM
It might be, it might not be, and no, attaching Load.php won't help, since the problem is almost certainly not there.

Admin > Server Settings > Disable template evaluation and we'll try again to see where the real problem is.

I think it was an issue outside my site on the VPS.  I have combed through as much as possible.

Advertisement: