News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Always PM Conversation and Save a copy

Started by MLM, March 27, 2011, 06:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLM

How do I make the PM setting of:
Display personal messages :: As a Conversation
Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default. :: Checked

Those settings are on ?action=pm;sa=settings;

I want to remove them from that page and set them to the options above for everyone all the time.

Could i instead change the PersonalMessage.template to reflect the settings in which case what are the variables.

I already changed (in the send function) save to my inbox to checked always and made it hidden.

If it it easier to go this route, what would i put in the top of the folder function to make this statement true?

if ($context['get_pmessage']('message', true))
{

}

If i am overthinking things or if there is a simple admin setting then please just say that.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

MLM

Alright i guess i will solve my own problem.

Took a while to figure out and its not exactly perfect but it works the same.

On /Sources/PersonalMessage.php
FIND:

// Changing view?
if (isset($_GET['view']))
{
// $context['display_mode'] = $context['display_mode'] > 1 ? 0 : $context['display_mode'] + 1;
updateMemberData($user_info['id'], array('pm_prefs' => ($user_settings['pm_prefs'] & 252) | $context['display_mode']));
}

Add After:

// set it to conversation mode always!
$context['display_mode'] = 2;

On *your theme* PersonalMessage.template.php

Find:

<p><label for="outbox"><input type="checkbox" name="outbox" id="outbox" value="1" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '"', $context['copy_to_outbox'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '', ' class="input_check" /> ', $txt['pm_save_outbox'], '</label></p>

Replace:

<input type="hidden" name="outbox" id="outbox" value="1" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" checked="checked" class="input_check" />

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Advertisement: