News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

showing boards arranged in colums of two instead of rows

Started by 061, July 24, 2005, 09:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

how can i arrange boards into columns of 2 so that i can get some thing  like this

this is just like coppermine galleries display...i tried to get it from there but i cant understand coppermine template system  ::)
any help will be gr8
thanks

Kindred

you could do this by modifying your theme's BoardIndex.template.php

Look for the section:
         /* Each board in each category's boards has:
            new (is it new?), id, name, description, moderators (see below), link_moderators (just a list.),
            children (see below.), link_children (easier to use.), children_new (are they new?),
            topics (# of), posts (# of), link, href, and last_post. (see below.) */
         foreach ($category['boards'] as $board)

and after that, modify the table structure to use alternating columns rather than individual rows...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Actually the problem is that what modifications I need to put in there. I tried to do that earlier but all boards were appearing in one long continuous column instead of  just 2.

Douglas

I'd also like to know how to do this, as well, since I've got a site that I'd like to do this for.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Kindred

well, it would be a theme thing...

Most of the people who make themes get to charge for something specific like this.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kindred

use a
$x=1;
foreach...
if (!$x) {
echo '
<tr> <td> one section </td>';
$x=1;
} else {
echo '
<td> second section </td></tr>';
$x=0;
}

that might work...   or you could try using a CASE statement...

As I said, most of the people who do themes would charge money for doing it...
Слaва
Украинi

Grudge

I'm only a half geek really...

(solved)

Advertisement: