News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Y1G Converter?

Started by NaturalStateReb, August 06, 2003, 05:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

I love the new board!  But....I'm on Y1G.  I was about  to make the move to SE, but is there a converter to this board system from Y1G?  I'd love to make the move.

Jeff Lewis

This board isn't ready so I'd suggest upgrading to SE and then to SMF when it's all good and ready ;)
Co-Founder of SMF

[Unknown]

I might prod with a gold importer, but... might be just as good to use the YaBB SE one.

-[Unknown]

Seph|roth

You can get them here (Gold SP1.1 > SE 1.4.1)

or here (Gold SP1.2 > SE 1.5.1)

NaturalStateReb

Thanks guys.  Looks like I'll convert to SE and then over to SMF when the time comes.

Meriadoc

be sure to update your forum after converting it so you get up to 1.5.4 and not just 1.5.1 :)
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

jpb

Is there any likelyhood of a Yabb 1.2 converter?

I have Extended Profiles mod on my Yabb 1.2 board. How will the existing values survived a translation to Yabbse or SM?

Thanks
James

Tyris

As SMF does not have extended profiles... the data will simple not be used (I dont think its deleted tho... could be...)

Grudge

Actually... it's very easy to add more profile fields to SMF, the problem is that they are stored differently than standard profile fields, the converter would have to be modified a fair bit to cope.
I'm only a half geek really...

ms_ukyankee

I have a YaBB 1 Gold 1.3.1, I presume it's safe to use the same yabb SE converter? I don't think the data files changed at all.

I'm using the extended profiles mod as well. I'd like to use the info, as I've used it to make a Bio entry. :-/

One mod I will miss is MemberMap, I saw that yabbSE had one, any chance someone's working on that one for SMF? with the Gold version, I think the map data is stored on the location line of the user data file, is that going to screw up the Location field when I start converting?

Edit: I just found the Location Mod, sorry ::)
SMF since 2004 <3

coral

Were you able to convert from 1.3.1 to SE successfully?

ms_ukyankee

I have done the conversion on a test board. I had to skip converting the Settings, because it kept failing there, after 2-3 tries. Other than that last step, it went fine. Of course you lose all of your mod data, such as MBCO, MemberMap, Extended Profiles, Advanced IMbox, etc. I'm waiting to convert my main board until I have the template modified, and I haven't had time to work on it at all yet. I also want to be able to use additional Profile fields, so I'm waiting for the means to do that as well.
SMF since 2004 <3

Jazhawk

As an FYI, I was able to get my yabb 1.3.1 board onto yabbse but like you ms_ukyankee, I had to leave the settings out as well or the conversion would crap out.  Now I'm going to try to get my board up onto my "SMURF" install.  As soon as I find out how that is.  :D

-Jazhawk

ms_ukyankee

That's the easy bit, just upload all the files in the smf upgrade zip into your yabbse directory, and run upgrade.php. :)
SMF since 2004 <3

Jazhawk

SMF Upgrade zip?  Hmmmm.

I'll need to root that one out.  Thanx.

-Jazhawk

ms_ukyankee

On the downloads page, there's a zip to upgrade yabbse to smf.
SMF since 2004 <3

Jazhawk

Quote from: ms_ukyankee on March 25, 2004, 06:45:34 AM
On the downloads page, there's a zip to upgrade yabbse to smf.

Thanx I found it.  I'll keep you posted.

-Jazhawk

Jazhawk

That went off without much of a hitch.  I didn't realize how many folders with image files in it the upgrade had.  I had to go back and upload those in binary again but after that, BOOM, my Yabb 1.3.1 was converted.

Anybody, know if SMF can password protect a forum?

-Jazhawk

Ben_S

Edit Features & Options > Allow guests to browse the forum
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Jazhawk

Quote from: Ben_S on March 25, 2004, 11:17:56 AM
Edit Features & Options > Allow guests to browse the forum

What I want is to only allow certain people in.

-Jazhawk

Advertisement: