News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Teeny-weeny colourful icons for SMF?

Started by alienine, January 03, 2004, 10:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alienine

Hey peoples,

Ever since YaBB SE I've always thought SMF would use its own icon set, instead of basically ripping off other sources (windows folder icon anyone?)... so I am going about doing that myself. I'm not sure that they will be eventually even used by anyone... but at the pace I'm going it is just for fun. I've attached the ones I got done already. The big ass ones wouldn't be used and hence the smaller ones are bordered. The set on the right has a drop-shadow effect added.

If anyone has any suggestions or would like to discuss icons and how bloody hard it is to make them compared to larger images feel free to do so :D.

Oh and they ARE inspired by the style of icons often used today.

(Yeah I should have posted this in the graphics board, but it is as active as the surface of the moon)

nil

Those are really nice!  Will you be doing them in other color scemes?

[Unknown]

Wow, I love that check with the glow thing.

-[Unknown]

pulpitfire

those look good.  i'd like to see as many options as possible for buttons.

did you mean teenie weenie?

alienine

Yes, but if and when I get them all done. Right now I can do a simple thing as changing the hue or colorizing them pretty easily... including changing the contrast so that they look more serious, heh.

alienine

My previous reply was to nil.

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 03, 2004, 11:01:36 AM
Wow, I love that check with the glow thing.

-[Unknown]

Thanks! I think it makes a nice attractive "register" icon.

Quote from: pege on January 03, 2004, 11:01:46 AM
those look good.  i'd like to see as many options as possible for buttons.

did you mean teenie weenie?

yes I meant teenie weenie! Thanks.. I'll edit my original post!

Aquilo

those are nice! very nice!

imagine if every browser supported alfatransparency! those shadows would look so nice!

very nice work!!

alienine

Quote from: Aquilo on January 03, 2004, 11:05:55 AM
those are nice! very nice!

imagine if every browser supported alfatransparency! those shadows would look so nice!

very nice work!!

Thanks!

yeah! IE is one of the browsers lagging behind when it comes to alpha-transparency. If they implemented it you'd see it used (and abused) much more often...

Oh Unknown if you like the glowy-checky thingy you'll be glad to hear that the new-post icon and other icons will use the glowyness too :D

klumy

very professional work !!
you have talent alienine ;)

nil

If you wanted to do a dark bluish set that I could use on my site I would give you some advritising in my "credit where credit is due" kinda page!

Tom

That profile button looks awesome! :)

Great buttons!

klumy

alienine and blar should work togehter. they would be a perfect team. alienien just do this great button works, and blar does his amazing avatars  ;D :D

bostasp

alienine

nil, I can always do something as incredibly as cheap as [attached]. But eventually as I've said I'd like to do it the proper/long way.

Oh and all this positive feedback is encouraging me to make more! Thanks!

nil

those are awesome! Dude your the coolest

Saleh

We don't need a reason to help people

Killer Possum

Your awsome dude, those are great graphics (love your smilies too, so hurry up and finish the set :P).

* Killer Possum is jealous of alienine's work and wishes he was that good

Grudge

Wow...they are fantastic! I'd love to see them when you have done them all!
I'm only a half geek really...

mattsiegman

-- Matt Siegman

[Unknown]

I don't call any of those solutions beautiful or majestic.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: