Block e-mail usernames

Started by NanoSector, June 05, 2011, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

Well, I don't know yet because she hasn't responded to my PM here yet, but she is user # 380234 here.  I don't know if she was trying to register with the same username over there yet.

I can't see the IP addresses of people here but, if I knew that, I could probably give you the exact error.  Currently, I have turned off the "Enable blocker" option, which is the only one we were using.

ZP

NanoSector

I'll take a look at the mods logic later this week and fix it where needed, most likely tomorrow. If you can provide me with the username she tried to register with I can test the mod with that. Please poke me once you get a reply back from her :)

Thanks for reporting!
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ZarPrime

Will do.  Thanks again Yoshi and I'll get back to you when I know what she is using for the username.

ZarPrime

Yoshi,

I have received a response from the user.  I would like to send you a PM with the response, because they included the username and several different EMail addresses that they used, but I don't think I can do that.  I thought that info was a little sensitive to post here in the open.

Is there a way that I can quote the PM response the user sent me to you?

ZarPrime

Burke ♞ Knight

I think the issue lies in the fact that her username is in her email address.
Just manually register her in admin panel.
ZP, I have her email address, if want to PM me for it, so you can register her.
Then set it to email her the password.

ZarPrime

BK,

I have already manually registered her just this morning.

Thank You,
ZarPrime

NanoSector

Hello ZarPrime,

You should be able to send me a PM with the information from now on. I haven't gotten to checking the mod yet, I guess I'll find some time this night and if not later this week.
Thanks again :)
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ZarPrime

Thanks Yoshi,

Take your time.  PM sent. ;)

ZarPrime

NanoSector

Bug squashed, please update to 0.4.2 :)

Thanks again ZarPrime!

ZarPrime

Thanks Yoshi. 8) Will check it out over the weekend.  I had a long day today and just now got online.

ZarPrime

ZarPrime

Yoshi,

I have a couple of questions for you.  I'm going to send you another PM which should help me to clear my mind on how to set the Mod.

ZarPrime

FragaCampos

Hi there.
I was looking for a mod to restrict access to my forum with registrations from disposable e-mails and found this.
Everything installed fine, but I have a "small" problem... the list of disposable e-mail providers that I have has more than 500 lines, without semicolons ( ; ), i.e., I would have to edit the lines one by one  ::)
Is it possible to implement a different way to input the e-mails?

Thanks anyway. Nowadays, it should be mandatory to have this installed.  :P

NanoSector

No, sorry, it's not possible to add a whole file.

If you can PM me the file, or post it here, I can probably fix up a one-liner for you.

FragaCampos

Thank you for answer, NanoSector.

What about making a bigger text box in the admin page? That way we could input the text more easily.
Anyway, I'm sending you the list I've got.

NanoSector

I could do that, but the current code blows the string into pieces based on the ; separator. I'd need to code it to read line-by-line perhaps, which can be quite the PITA. Of course with a bit of extra code it can be done both ways.

Miker1029

Came here for the same reason as the above post, having a way to put these in a file format (and maybe check for doubles) would be a great addition.....

BUT Until then if you use search/replace in notepad++ use find:/n replace:;

http://superuser.com/questions/545461/replace-carriage-return-and-line-feed-in-notepad

Will Add the file I found and edited with the ; Dunno how old it is just got the first one I found, and will be Adding to it as time goes on....

Mike

Miker1029

Here is the latest I found for this (Feb 23), Converted to work with this MOD, just Copy/paste...  Maybe Not all are Disposable... From the forum I got em from there was someone who said an Asian site was not Fake, and showed Stock market info on it, I don't personally care...

Mike

FragaCampos

Thanks for sharing these, Miker1029.
Can you tell why there's such a difference in the number of servers listed in your two files?

Miker1029

Basically two different forums and two diffrrent people.. Just the last one is newer.. I'm looking into a way to merge them and omit duplicates.. Just haven't got to it yet...
Mike

Miker1029

Ok here's the merged files, I'll tell ya the More I use Notepad++ the more I like it....

Here's the link to merge and omit duplicates, I did it straight line (No Semi-Colons), Seemed to make sense, I copy both files into a blank "merged" folder and ran the command found here: http://superuser.com/questions/361116/can-i-use-notepad-to-selectivelly-merge-two-text-files

I'm uploading the straight line file and the file that's "formatted" for this mod.. I check a few I knew where dups like qq.com, and there was only one but I DID NOT check the whole file....

Enjoy

Mike

Advertisement: