phpBB 2.0.17 -> SMF 1.0.5 problems - please help!

Started by lunchbox, July 30, 2005, 01:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunchbox

Hi,

I'm trying to use the 'phpbb2_to_smf' converter to move my phpBB 2.0.17 to SMF 1.0.5, but am getting stuck at the first hurdle, namely getting this error message:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

I know that the installations exist, and at the paths I specified - so what can I do? I'm a bit of a novice at all this MySQL stuff, so I have no idea about the permissions or anything like that, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
lunchbox

Ivan Minic

Just type in the right path to phpbb
Convertor works like charm.. i was afraid to try converting from phpbb (heavily moded) to anything else.. but this converter is piece of art

xenovanis

Are you using different databases? It would be easier to use just one database.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

lunchbox

Hi, I've managed to sort out the conversion (put them both on the same database as suggested and it worked a treat), but unfortunately I've now suffered some sort of breakdown, and am only receiving this error message:

Got error 127 from storage engine

Can anyone help me out with this? I only had the board up and running for a day before this happened!

[Unknown]

Getting Errors From MySQL?

You'll need to REPAIR the table.  I suggest using phpMyAdmin, and simply REPAIRing all your tables by checking them all and selecting repair.  What is phpMyAdmin?

-[Unknown]

lunchbox

Thanks.  :) I tried doing what you said, but unfortunately I didn't know where to look for the problem.

The good news is that the board righted itself after a couple hours.

Advertisement: