Install Error with the 1.1.3 Beta

Started by Krysia, July 30, 2005, 07:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia

QuoteThe installer was unable to access the "smfbeta" database. With some hosts, you have to create the database in your administration panel before SMF can use it. Some also add prefixes - like your username - to your database names.

Click here to try this step again.
I created a new database on my server before even downloading the full beta version (to have a "test" forum with the beta version of SMF), and I keep getting this error. I've checked; the datebase is there. The name for it that I've used is correct.

???

Herman's Mixen

first of all create a database --> known as smf or similair --> with user and passwd --> insall or updrade to 1.1 b p3 and enjoy.
use right language files etc
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

[Unknown]

Are you sure the database name isn't krysia_smfbeta?  If you're using cPanel, it is almost always prefixed like that.

-[Unknown]

Krysia

Quote from: The Burglar! on July 30, 2005, 08:55:26 PM
first of all create a database --> known as smf or similair --> with user and passwd --> insall or updrade to 1.1 b p3 and enjoy.
use right language files etc
Database already created. I tried that too already. It didn't work.

Quote from: [Unknown] on July 31, 2005, 01:33:50 AM
Are you sure the database name isn't krysia_smfbeta?  If you're using cPanel, it is almost always prefixed like that.

-[Unknown]
Yep, I'm sure. The database is set up exactly like the other one that runs my SMF 1.0.5 (except w/a different name, of course). I never ran into this particular snag when setting up the SMF 1.0.5; that's why I'm totally baffled. I don't think I'm using cPanel, as the word is completely unfamiliar to me...
<off to check>

Okay, my server uses phpMyAdmin. I'm checking my SMF 1.0.5 setup, and it's all based with "smf_" as the prefix and "smf".
On the new database I created, it shows nothing other than the name of the database.  :-[

Herman's Mixen

try insert the sql file via phpmyadmin like this
select database --> then on top menu click on SQL --> browse --> to your install-1.1.sql file in your unzipped folder where smf beta is -->start
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Krysia

Quote from: The Burglar! on July 31, 2005, 11:21:17 AM
try insert the sql file via phpmyadmin like this
select database --> then on top menu click on SQL --> browse --> to your install-1.1.sql file in your unzipped folder where smf beta is -->start
Tried it, and thank you for the suggestion. :)
Unfortunately, it came back with this:
QuoteError

SQL-query :

CREATE TABLE {$db_prefix}attachments(
ID_ATTACH int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
ID_THUMB int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
ID_MSG int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
ID_MEMBER mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
attachmentType tinyint( 3 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
filename tinytext NOT NULL default '',
size int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
downloads mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
width mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
height mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY ( ID_ATTACH ) ,
UNIQUE ID_MEMBER( ID_MEMBER, ID_ATTACH ) ,
KEY ID_MSG( ID_MSG )
) TYPE = MYISAM

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '{$db_prefix}attachments (

ID_ATTACH int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,' at line 1

???

Krysia

Oh, good grief!  >:( Why --why are my issues always the stupid ones!!!!  :-\

My server had sent me a notice earlier this month saying they were updating their MySQL to 4.1. I just read it quickly, thinking they meant they already had updated it. I just reread it now, because I was wondering what was going on... And discovered that they said they'd be updating on August 6th. So no doubt, that's why I haven't been able to install it, seeing as how the minimum requirements for the beta version is 3.23.6, and currently my server runs 3.23.58. How bloody annoying.

Apologies for my confusion, folks. All I can say is that my baby's placenta sucks out brain cells daily.  :-[

Thank you to those who tried to help. :-) I'll wait until August 6, then try again.  :D

[Unknown]

Actually, it should work fine on MySQL 3.23.58... I'm not sure what the problem is if you're sure about the database name.

-[Unknown]

Krysia

Quote from: [Unknown] on July 31, 2005, 07:37:04 PM
Actually, it should work fine on MySQL 3.23.58... I'm not sure what the problem is if you're sure about the database name.

-[Unknown]
Really???? I could have sworn that was the problem. Okay, now I'm stumped. Especially so since it worked without any problems when I'd initially set up the database for SMF (what's now the 1.0.5 version). Insofar as the server end, nothing is different. I'm off to see if by some chance something didn't get uploaded, or otherwise lost in translation...

[Unknown]

Well, if you can give me (temporary) access to phpMyAdmin and the installer, I can probably get it working for you.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: