News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New easy SMF + XHTML web site builder/updater/manager

Started by Thunderace, July 31, 2005, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderace

Having got tired of all the "fat" portals I have been developing a web site builder initially for my own use.

The concept was to design a fast easy to use system that can create and manage websites on the fly. Generating XHTML valid code. Easy to link up with SMF.

The project has come along quite significantly with some greatly appreciated input by Orstio and Bloc.

So why this post?

Well I have added functionality to integrate SMF (if that's the correct expression with this) meaning that it has a template to integrate sMF and an automated method of including SSI functions.

I am considering offering this only to SMF users (as a sort of mod that isn't a mod, if you get my drift)

What does it do?

It's currently in an alpha state.

Well obviously I'll only put time into this outside of my own interests if there's interest from SMF users, so go and have a look and give me some feedback. Please note that the forum is almost bog standard
and the template is relatively simple to look at. Go to MySiteBuilder

gerrymore

Very interesting. Can it be used to build a Search engine style site such as Link Up Gold?

LUG Online Demo http://www.phpwebscripts.com/linkupgold/demo/
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

Ivan Minic

Looks similar to a portal that is used here. I think it would be good thing when done.
Look is simplified but templates are easy to make. Maybe (thinking out loud) you might consider using "default" template icons, colors for it... but even if not, this is a nice work

Thunderace

QuoteLooks similar to a portal that is used here.

Well I admit that I was driven by the efforts of my betters (read here) thanks for you kind comments.

Thunderace

Getting near beta with this.

Again thanks go to Bloc and Orstio for their valued input.

I will indeed make the beta available to (only proven) SMF users so if there is any interest let me know.

MySiteBuilder Update
Now it is really a mini portal, less all the functions I don't want or need.

Basically I believe a full website can be set up and running with an SMF installation within 30 minutes (themeing is outside of this)

What does it do?

* Builds and manages a complete website from the web (server side)
* XHTML valid without effort
* Add pages with a click
* Add and sort your menu without having to write annoying <a hrefs>
* Create sort and apply information blocks to the left/right side of any/all pages
* Change basic style (colours/borders) site wide on one page in a snap.
* Add SMF SSI blocks by ticking a box.
* Included 1.1 beta3 public template (index.template.php) for instant addition of the best forum software
* Extremely search engine friendly design and page titles/meta.
* Change pages in a snap with the XHTML editor (loads of great functions in the editor .. another story)
* Create XHTML valid tables within your pages.
* Add web page images in a second (browse desktop)
* Includes a colour blender to aid design speed.
* Fast! virtually no use of MySQL (a couple of small uses in admin back end e.g. remembering style colours)
* New ULTRA SIMPLE admin area, I really think if you can use a word document you can use this.

Beta should be soon but I'm testing alone, if anyone wants to help through the last stages of alpha test then again let me know please.

A few screenies follow: -

Gargoyle

tentronik

Yes, looks intresting :-0
Is it also possible to define the overall table width yet(800x600 compatibility)?

tentronik

Yes, but its just when i read anywhere website stats i get at least 30% 800x600 resolution.
And your images showed just 100% width tables ;-p

I really would like to test this manager out, please sent me more infos.

tentronik

Great!
Its fit in firefox, ie and opera - i run 1 smf board if you accept me as a beta tester i sent you the URL but i plan to just beta test it checking out the system and stuff first and installing a demo along with smf :-p

Thunderace

I need to write some basic instructions and .zip it anyway, I'll get back to you on this.

Do you have FTP access to your own site?

tentronik

Thunderace

Ok and just to clarify this is currently in alpha not beta mainly because I haven't added options to delete pages/blocks/images yet.

This has to be done via FTP atm.

It also needs more than one template layout and currently has only one.

tentronik

Does it contains a basic minimalistic news system?
If so i should be satisfied and of course i plan to make some themeing.

tentronik

Well i kinda like the idea of releasing news via the forum on my site.
I had something earlyer with a regulary board AND news.
It was to much for my few news :-p

Please hook me up!

Advertisement: