Default text size in posts...

Started by Envy, August 01, 2005, 06:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envy

I've had a member put in a request that the default forum text size be made a little larger as he is having trouble reading the smaller font. I went into the .css file to see where it states the size, and if I read the SMF Theme Making Tutorial correctly, I should be looking for the following:

/* By default (td, body..) use Tahoma in black. */
body, td
{
   color: #FFFFFF;
   font-size: small;
   font-family: Tahoma, arial, helvetica, serif;
}

I've tried changing the "small" to "normal" but no change. I've tried making it say 10pt, but no change. After playing around with it, I would go to make a post, put two test words side by side, but on the second one would select the "Font Size" button up the top, which automatically puts the size at 10pt. When I would preview though, you could still see the first word test was smaller, so not 10pt.  :(

Am I looking at the right spot?

Ivan Minic

Display.template.php

Find:
// Show the post itself, finally!
echo '
</td>
</tr></table>
<hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" />
<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">', $message['body'], '</div>
</td>
</tr>';

Replace:
// Show the post itself, finally!
echo '
</td>
</tr></table>
<hr width="100%" size="1" class="hrcolor" />
<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"><font size="3">', $message['body'], '</font></div>
</td>
</tr>';

Or, simply tell your member, if it is a single member to change Text size in their browser...

In IE and IE based browsers:
- View - Text Size - Larger
In Opera:
- View - Zoom - 110 or more %
In Firefox
- View - Text size - Increase
In Netscape Browser
- View - Text Size - Incerase

Envy

Ahh ok, so it wasn't in the .css file, damn hehe. I'll make the changes to the template, the default text is like 8, which is a tad small. I thought of telling him to just fix it in his browser, but have to play accomodating admin and all that... =p

Ivan Minic

Well, it probably can be fixed in css, but this is much easier and will efect only post txt...

Envy

Thankyou Ivan, lovely large font now  ;D

Ivan Minic

If too big, change it to font size = 2
Glad to help  ;D

Advertisement: