News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Sorry, your PHP configuration doesn't have support for zlib

Started by sfcg, August 08, 2005, 01:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfcg

How do I configure PHP with support for ZLIB? I don't want to screw anything up as it took me over a week to get the server set up correctly. I looked through the zlib FAQ and the PHP site and neither have much help.

I have already installed PHP and my forum is up. Do I have to remove PHP and re-install it, or can I just re-compile it?

Thanks.

Chris

[Unknown]

When you compile it, you need to have --with-zlib in the configure line.

You only have to recompile, and make install it.  Take your existing configure line (as shown by a phpinfo) and add the --with-zlib to it, then make, su, and make install.

What is phpinfo.php?

-[Unknown]

sfcg

Right on. Thanks unknown. I'll try it when I get home later.

sfcg

The re-compile wiped out the webserver. I don't know if there was something I was supposed to do afterwards, but I couldn't get apachectl to start properly. Fotunately I'm still in the fooling around stage, and had the database backed up, so I just re-built the server and added the --with-zlib to the configure file for php and it worked out fine.

Just a suggestion you might want to put that in the instructions for future users. I don't know if that's standard or not, as I'm a pretty green linux user, but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

Thanks.

Chris

Advertisement: