News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New TimeZone Mod

Started by T3CHN0, September 14, 2011, 05:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Hello. I sent a message to vbgamer 2 weeks ago but he never replied so I will my message here that I sent to bvgamer
and maybe someone out there would like to make a mode for it.
I would do it my self but don't know how and it is something I find to be very useful as my forum has members
from around the globe and to know what time it is in there country at time of posts is very handy.

message I sent to bvgamer
QuoteHello I like and use your flags mod.

I was wondering if you would be interested in adding to it or making a new mod for time zones

here is the url code and time zone codes. I just spent 3 hours finding all the codes
and if I could make mods I would but thought it would be a great update to your mod
so along with picking our country flag we could also tick time to display the time zone as well.

I have already added this to my forum the hard way under 'custom profile fields'
looks good as well and helps to know when replying a post what time it is in that
other members country so I can tell if he would be likely to reply soon or not.

anyways hope you can use it. if not let me know and I will post it in SMF forums
to see if anyone else would like to make a mod for times zones

cheers
===========================================================

UTC/GMT -1 hour = n271
UTC/GMT -2 hour = n1440
UTC/GMT -3 hours = n45
UTC/GMT -3:30 hours = n175
UTC/GMT -4 hours = n21
UTC/GMT -4:30 hours = n58
UTC/GMT -5 hours = n77
UTC/GMT -6 hours = n64
UTC/GMT -7 hours = n75
UTC/GMT -8 hours = n256
UTC/GMT -9 hours = n18
UTC/GMT -10 hours = n103
UTC/GMT -11 hours = n282
UTC/GMT -12 hours = n283
UTC/GMT 0 hours = n60
UTC/GMT +1 hour = n31
UTC/GMT +2 hours = n53
UTC/GMT +3 hours = n27
UTC/GMT +3:30 hours = n246
UTC/GMT +4 hours = n776
UTC/GMT +5 hours = n244
UTC/GMT +6 hours = n73
UTC/GMT +6:30 hours = n208
UTC/GMT +7 hours = n28
UTC/GMT +8 hours = n33
UTC/GMT +9 hours = n248
UTC/GMT +9:30 hours = n72
UTC/GMT +10 hours = n57
UTC/GMT +11 hours =  n380
UTC/GMT +12 hours = n22
UTC/GMT +13 hours = n277

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/clock/i2qvems6/n240/fcaaa/tc000/pct/ftbi/blc888/brc888/btc888/bbc888/th2" frameborder="0" width="124" height="20" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

in the above code you will notice a number with an N in front of it like this /n240/
if you replace that n*** number with any of the n*** number above you will get that
n*** numbers time zone

---------------------------------------------

this is how it look on my forum

so anyone interested please make a mode for this.
be much better with a drop down menu to select your time zone  then the way i have done it
but just as effective none the less.

cheers

Advertisement: