News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need 2.0 help

Started by ACAMS, September 18, 2011, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACAMS

On my forum with 2.0 RC3 I can check boxes in the post and go to the bottom and delete multiple.

But on my newly installed 2.0 I can't, I have the check boxes in the post, but no button on bottom. Is this a mod I installed or am I overlooking something .... I have checked everywhere and can't find it.

kat

If everything's cool, if you use the ol' default theme, maybe the theme, itself, has issues?

ACAMS

OK, I just checked and it is the theme .... I will go there to find help.

THANKS!!!!

kat

Try Admin>Current theme>Member Options and set "Show quick-moderation on message index as:" to "checkboxes".

Does that sort it?

ACAMS

Well, that is the first place I looked and this is all I see, and I have both Curve and Core as Check boxes.

This theme had the least files I have EVER seen.

Illori

if the theme you are using does not modify any of the default theme files, it falls back on the default themes files.

ACAMS

Why is it not working then?

Illori

it has some files modified one or more of them could affect this

ACAMS

So, do I need to post this in the theme topic?

Illori

you may get better help if you are certain this only happens on your theme and not default.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Firstly, is there such button of remove selected in 2.0 anymore?

Secondly, even if there is no such button, when the respected posts are checked and the remove button is clicked, all the checked posts will be removed. IMO is no longer in 2.0 as it is redundant and the same remove button is use either to remove one or multiple posts.

Thirdly, please check that nothing is changed regarding that particular code in Revamp SMF theme. You can compare both Display.template.php files in both Default Curve and Revamp SMF for better understanding and find better solution.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: ahrasis on September 19, 2011, 04:20:28 AM
Firstly, is there such button of remove selected in 2.0 anymore?

Secondly, even if there is no such button, when the respected posts are checked and the remove button is clicked, all the checked posts will be removed. IMO is no longer in 2.0 as it is redundant and the same remove button is use either to remove one or multiple posts.

Thirdly, please check that nothing is changed regarding that particular code in Revamp SMF theme. You can compare both Display.template.php files in both Default Curve and Revamp SMF for better understanding and find better solution.
1. I am wrong on this. There is such button but it requires scripts folder to be copied from the default theme to Revamp SMF theme.
2. I have tested this without remove selected button and it works the same. There is no need to copy scripts folder from default theme unless you really want the remove selected button to appear each time you click the quick mod check boxes at the end of each post.
3. I do believe that such button is redundant and SMF should consider removing at least the first button or integrating them as one.
4. I can explain why Revamp SMF is not there in Members Option button. It is because Settings.template.php is not in the Revamp SMF theme. It will follow whatever settings that are set in default theme.

ACAMS

I copied the default scripts folder to revamp and it works!

THANKS!!!!! ......  All is solved, nice theme by the way!

Advertisement: