News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Template Edit? Post Profile on top

Started by Mikirin, October 10, 2011, 07:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikirin

Hello. Jump to the update
I would like to place the mini-profile on the top of the post, and it still show custom title and personal text, but beside the avatar. The stars on the far right side, and the member group above them. The topic (post) name would be below it.  The online button, while not needed, can it be put over the avatar (like a banner going across, as I've had on my old forum) or beside the name?
I'm looking for an effect similar to this. Even though I'm aware that that isn't SMF, I think there's a way to edit it, and I would like to know the coding. (Excuse the crude circles and such on the reputation page, this was back when I was 13, and I have no further screenshots)

Is this possible?
Please and thank you.

I am using SMF 2.0.1

Illori

maybe something like http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2924 ? although you dont tell us what version of smf you are using.

Mikirin

Yes, if all else fails I'll use that.
I'm sorry, I have added SMF 2.0.1 to my first post. I'm looking for something slightly more specific, unless it's possible with edits to that mod.

Illori

well your screenshot does not show much about what you are trying to do. you seem to be talking about a profile on the posts, but that screenshot is from a users profile control panel.

Mikirin

Yes, but it shows a cut-out of the mini-profile. I will provide an edit as to what I mean when I get home from school.
My apologies, for the site is now nonexistent, and I can't provide a better screenshot.

Mikirin

After a while of coding based on that picture I finally went to the internet archive. I've been trying to edit the templates in default.css, since that mod didn't work on my main theme.
What I have:

What I need:

And with the quote/modify/remove buttons on the right side of the the topic title (where it says w/e). and with the date either gone, somewhere else, or above the post.
There are some things on SMF that are missing on that software but yeah, this is essentially what I need.  Is it possible?

Illori

i would suggest you post in the mods support thread and see if they can help you install it on your theme and go from there.

Mikirin

I have posted a request in the mod, but the issue is that I really don't want to use a mod for it.

Thank you anyway, I'll leave this unsolved in case someone comes around with template edits. I have also changed the topic to be a little more understandable.

Mikirin

Here's an updated screen of what I want, I'm using Coral and Proteus by bloc.
This is doctored in photoshop btw, I have poor skills but it'll do.

Mikirin

I sent in a request with Bloc but no reply, and no reply here, so I'm going to bump this if it's allowed.

Antechinus

Bloc is usually on the ball with things like this, but may be a bit busy at the moment. If you're still stuck in a day or two I'll sort it for you.

Mikirin

Thank you, I think he's a bit busy though, since there's still no reply after three days. I'll wait a little longer and if there's no reply then I'll rely on you, thank you!

Antechinus

As per upated request........................

This should work pretty well. It's just css edits without any template hacks. Note that it will work best with a default avatar set, so that everyone has an avatar. Some numbers might need a bit of adjustment too.

If you need something more tolerant that will handle having avatars or no avatars, it would probably be best to edit the template to change the markup. Some things can be done just with css, but it gets a bit silly after a while. :)

Try this anyway and see how you like it. Replace the default code with this lot. Starts around Line 1750 of a vanilla Overview index.css.

/* poster and postarea + moderation area underneath */
.post_wrapper
{
float:left;
width:100%;
}
.poster
{
float: left;
width: 98%;
border-bottom: 1px solid #666;
padding: 0;