Advance Facebook Like button with OpenGraph (For Each Post)

Started by Ricky., October 15, 2011, 09:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

- It doesnt install in 2.0.3 without emulation
- You cant use the mod without an App ID which you have to give your full personal information to FB to get.

I would love to use this mod and I dont need the OpenGraph. So there should be an option to use everything else if you dont have an App ID. Wish I could use it.
Very nice mod. Good job.

Ricky.

This mod is compatible with 2.0.3 , though I need to update package so that one don't need emulation.

As far as I remember, it works without APP ID, if you don't have one, just leave it blank.

PLAYBOY

QuoteAs far as I remember, it works without APP ID, if you don't have one, just leave it blank.

It didnt work in my forum when i left it blank. I didnt see any kinda like button anywhere at all.

Ricky.

Well, then they may have changed things, but .. have you tried it on default theme ?

MarkS

Matthew K.

dan4ever

I need help to, I have 2.0.4 and install with emulate, but nothing happens.
The installer had problem with Theme/core/index.template.php but I use Curl as default.
I change this file manual....

/Dan Olsson, Webmaster at https://www.guldforum.se

ENRESINADO

Hi,

I have some hidden boards, that are seen only by some users, so makes no sense the like button is shown in those boards, and inside the first post of a topic, just because, as well as the admin panel, the link that will be shared to facebook, will not work to persons that aren't registered in the forum, as well as the users that don't have permission to view those boards.

Is there any solution for these?

Ricky.

So far there is no solution for it, there is new version already being worked upon , may be something can be added to tackle situation like yours.

ENRESINADO

Ok Ricky, thanks for your feedback.

Then I'll wait for that new version :)

LexM

Hello Ricky,

I manage to install your modification on SMF 2.0.4, but I'm having one small issue. One the post pages the window for the "Send" function is cut out (please check the attached picture).

Any idea?

Thank you very much for your help!

Ricky.

Ya, I am aware of this issue, yet to find why it cuts off, though primary investigation shows FB should have used higher z-index etc.. so that overlay remains visible even of its parent container is smaller. Need to figure out some way around.

LexM

Quote from: Ricky. on August 02, 2013, 12:02:05 AM
Ya, I am aware of this issue, yet to find why it cuts off, though primary investigation shows FB should have used higher z-index etc.. so that overlay remains visible even of its parent container is smaller. Need to figure out some way around.

Is it possible to move to the left the Like and Send buttons?

Thanks!

LexM

Quote from: Ricky. on August 02, 2013, 12:02:05 AM

In Display.Template.php of my theme, I have made these changes:

Old:
echo '<div style="float:right;margin:5px">
<fb:like href="',$scripturl ,'?topic=',$context['current_topic'],'.0" send="true" width="300" show_faces="true" font=""></fb:like></div>';

New:
echo '<div style="float:right;margin:50px" class="fb-like" data-width="400" data-show-faces="true" data-send="true"></div>';

Seems to be working

LexM

Hello Ricky,

How do I add the description to the modification?
"The 'og:description' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags."

I couldn't find anywhere a way to input the text describing my website to facebook.

Thank you for your help!

Best!

nix_ee

Is there any news of a newer version of this please, Ricky? I'm on 2.0.6 and there's no option to install/emulate an older version? Thanks :)

Ricky.

This should work on 2.0.6 ..

When you see list of packages in Admin, there is option to change version.
How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

AZMazda3

Anyone get this to work on 2.0.7? I have been unable to do so. Although this mod seems great, I do not necessarily care about the like buttons, just the fact that it adds the OG info easily for FB to read.

Advertisement: