News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF in phpCMS??

Started by Cimme, September 06, 2003, 03:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cimme

I know, phpCMS is not as popular as Typo3 or nuke, but it's a austrian CMS-System with a very good Template engine!
SRY, my Question:
# is it allowed to include SMF in phpCMS? YaBB SE worked, so let's check, if SMF'll be the same

So, that's all

the url: http://www.phpcms.de (or search it @ sf.net)

Cimme

PS: sry for my bad english
^^ a german metal fan ^^

[Unknown]

Putting it in is fine.  No one has any problems with it.

However, distributing it with SMF inside might cause problems.  We'll have to talk if that's what you want to do - but I can assure you we won't make it difficult.

-[Unknown]

Cimme

fine! I'm loking forward! :)

If u want to see YaBB SE running in phpCMS look @ my (not really working Site) http://www.opensource-pro.net/forum/index.html

ThanX

Marcus
^^ a german metal fan ^^

Cimme

hm, how many Exits does SMF till now have??

because the developers from phpCMS said 2 me, that this would cause some small parsing Errors in phpCMS => Site cannot be displayed correctly

ThnX

Cimme
^^ a german metal fan ^^

[Unknown]

There are 2 calls to the exit function I can think of off hand.

-[Unknown]

Ignatius

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 06, 2003, 03:39:40 PM
Putting it in is fine.  No one has any problems with it.
However, distributing it with SMF inside might cause problems.  We'll have to talk if that's what you want to do - but I can assure you we won't make it difficult.
-[Unknown]

Hi, I'm Ignatius, one of the developers of phpCMS. It isn't planned to distribute SMF together with phpCMS. We'll only post some informations in our forum where people can download it and which modifications they have to make in order to get SMF run inside phpCMS (as we did already with YaBB SE).

In YaBB SE I had to make a number of modifications to get it run inside phpCMS.
phpCMS provides the ability to include external php-Scripts. When phpCMS runs, it creates an php output buffer and then makes an include() on that included script, collecting all the script output in the php output buffer. After termination of the included script the content of the output buffer is then pasted into the rest of the phpCMS generated page.

Main problem, is that if included scripts are terminating with the exit() command, control isn't given back to phpCMS after execution of the included script, so phpCMS can't finish the page creation.

In YaBBSE I was able to replace all exit-Commands with return-Commands (a bit of additional logic was needed in very few parts). It would be nice if SMF could make as little use of the exit() command as possible.

The second thing which could make life easier for us would be, if the extension of the script could be changed somewhere from ".php" to for example ".htm".  Fortunately YaBBSE (and probably also SMF) handles all actions over the index.php file, so it's only very few locations in the sourcecode we have to change from index.php to index.htm .. but if would be even easier, if the extension "php" would be defined once somewhere in the beginnig of script execution in a constant and the script would use this constant instead of the file extension for the rest of the sourcecode.

Thanks a lot for this great forum!
Ignatius

PS: My in phpCMS included version of YaBBSE can be found at:
hxxp:www.drachenreiter.de/forum/ [nonactive]

[Unknown]

Ignatius,

You're more than welcome to do so - we would by no means want to make that difficult or impossible.

As I said above, only two exit's are used that I can remember - one for downloading attachments (which you will want to leave..) and another for the main exit function - obExit().  Calls to redirectexit (which sends a Location header...) also use obExit, however that should not be difficult to change.

The extension of the forum is defined in one place in SMF - QueryString.php.  If you change it there, you change it everywhere.

Thanks,
-[Unknown]

Advertisement: