News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Unable to access Db when installing

Started by ARTrust, August 18, 2005, 02:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTrust

Hi

I'm desperately trying to install SMF on my site, but despite creating the Db in cPanel first I get an error telling me that I may need to create the Db first (I have) and/or use my username as a suffix (I have).

Any ideas please?

Thank you  ::)

ARTrust

cPanel advises I need to make / add the following to the install script:

Connection Strings
Perl   $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:artrustn_noticeboard:localhost","artrustn_noticeb","<PASSWORD HERE>");
PHP   $dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "artrustn_noticeb", "<PASSWORD HERE>") or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("artrustn_noticeboard");

Where should I put this???????????

xenovanis

You don't need to add anything. Are you sure you entered all correct information? Database name, servername, username, password, etc.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

ARTrust

Forum Name:                 Anaesthesia Research Trust Noticeboard
Forum url:                      http://www.artrust-narm.org.uk/smf
MySQL Server Name:     localhost
MySQL Username:         artrustn_noticeb
Password:                     *********
MySQL Db Name:           artrustn_noticeboard
MySQL Table Prefix:       smf_

:-)

xenovanis

Yes, well, I can't verify wheter that is correct or not.  ::)

Are you sure the user artrustn_noticeb has access to the database artrust_noticeboard?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

ARTrust

From MySQL in cPanel:

artrustn_noticeboard

Users in noticeboard
    artrustn_noticeb (Privileges: ALL PRIVILEGES)

[Unknown]

What version are you installing?  Are you sure you're using the correct password?

-[Unknown]

ARTrust

Doh! I was missing off an n in the log in details  - it now says its installed at http://www.artrust-narm.org.uk/noticeboard but the directory is completely empty :(

xenovanis

ARTrust

Many thanks for everyones help - I'm now up and running :)

Now, where's the manual on customising.... ;)

Advertisement: