Special chars & Smiley-tooltips in editor

Started by Sheda, February 13, 2012, 09:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheda

Heya.
Not sure if this counts as a bug, but when you put some special characters into the smiley description, when you're in the editor and put the cursor on them, to make the tooltip appear...
Well, you don't get the characters you wanted. See this screenshot:

So < > and & don't seem to work as they should. I've tested this on two different forums, to be certain.
Maybe they are not meant to work and maybe there are more characters that won't work, but it's kinda strange and it's not nice to look at. :P

Oh! Nearly forgot, i am using Smf 2.0.2 and the other site i've tested is the same. They both have some mods installed, but none of them in common.

emanuele

Currently this title is set using the php_htmlspecialchars prototype (even though the string should already be htmlspecialchar'ed).

The problem converting back these entities in the corresponding chars is that php_unhtmlspecialchars would revert also the quotes leading to a lot of messes.
The other option would be to write yet another function to handle this special case...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Sheda

Mhm... i thought it might be something like this.
It's not that important, as everything is as it should be inside the posts. It's just in the editor.
But it's still good to know, isn't it? Or did you already know that?

I'm kinda bored at the moment and getting busy with everything that has to do with smilies. That's how i discovered. :D

emanuele

I didn't know, I looked at it the first time for this... (don't tell anybody, but I hate javascript! :P)

Yes, it's better to know or find out the reason of something. ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: