$password=$_POST["password"];
$user=$_POST["user"];
require_once('forum/smf_api.php');
smf_setLoginCookie( 3153600, '$user', '$password', false );
smf_authenticateUser();
smf_loadSession();

but i couldn't login...
So i started looking for the error, and i found it to be in the following line:

$ID_MEMBER = smf_md5_hmac($smf_user_info['passwd'], 'ys') != $password || empty($smf_user_info['is_activated']) ? 0 : $smf_user_info['ID_MEMBER'];

The $smf_user_info['passwd'] is made using a very complicated script in logInOut.php, using sha1() to encrypt. But smf_api uses md5() :

$key = str_pad(strlen($key) <= 64 ? $key : pack('H*', md5($key)), 64, chr(0x00));
return md5(($key ^ str_repeat(chr(0x5c), 64)) . pack('H*', md5(($key ^ str_repeat(chr(0x36), 64)). $data)));

Is this the error? Or am i totally wrong?
Anyway, when I printed out the hash of every type, they keep on being different...

Please, help me :)

edit: Oh yes, I forgot: I'm using 1.1 beta 3

[Unknown]

You'll want this version.

-[Unknown]

maarten

thanks, I'll check it out...
edit: it worked like a charm, of course :) Thanks a lot !

another question: should i install the 1.1 beta version or the 1.0 version?

[Unknown]

Up to you.  I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but the smf_api.php I attached is for 1.1.

-[Unknown]

maarten

no i was just wondering... I'm installing a new forum and album - coppermine- (older ones were phpbb and spgm), and I'm trying to integrate them in one total site.... with difficulty.
So if I install the beta version now, will I be required to constantly update and modify the code because both systems update all the time? Or is the beta version stable enough to install, and create the entire combined site ?

edit 1: Another problem is, that now when I login using the smf_api on my homepage, I am also logged in on the forum, but not on coppermine.
On the other hand, If i log in on the forum, I am logged in on both.
Could this be a cookie problem, since smf_api registers the cookie on hxxp:www.mysite.be [nonactive], while the forum itself registers on .mysite.be ??

edit 2: I fixed it, though rather shabby. I just edited the following lines:
if (isset($_COOKIE[$smf_settings['cookiename']]))
{
$array = @unserialize($_COOKIE[$smf_settings['cookiename']]);

if (isset($array[3]) && $array[3] != $cookie_state)
{
$cookie_url = smf_cookie_url($array[3] & 1 > 0, $array[3] & 2 > 0);
setcookie($smf_settings['cookiename'], serialize(array(0, '', 0)), time() - 3600, $parsed_url['path'] . '/', $parsed_url['host'], 0);
}
}

// Get the data and path to set it on.
$data = serialize(empty($id) ? array(0, '', 0) : array($id, $password, time() + $cookie_length));
$parsed_url = smf_cookie_url(!empty($smf_settings['localCookies']), !empty($smf_settings['globalCookies']));

// Set the cookie, $_COOKIE, and session variable.
setcookie($smf_settings['cookiename'], $data, time() + $cookie_length, $parsed_url['path'] . '/', $parsed_url['host'], 0);

... and put my domain-name as .mysite.be in stead of $parsed_url['host']. But isn't there another, and better, way to deal with this.
Anyway, thanks for the help, and perhaps you can change this domain problem in the final version. Just get rid of the 'www' alltogether...

[Unknown]

You want to use subdomain independent cookies in Admin -> Features and Options.

-[Unknown]

luc7v

Hello,

Where is smf_api.php for SMF 1.1x? I can't find it and I really need it.

Thank you,
Lucian

Nugman

To prevent others from searching for an recent smf_api.php for two days (as I did): Register with this board and you'll be able to download the attachment posted above. ;)

swiss2007

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 27, 2005, 07:30:17 PM
You'll want this version.
Hi i download the script but its not working for me can u please help me with this issue
-[Unknown]

H

Welcome to SMF, swiss2007.

You can probably find an updated version of this script on the tools page. I believe someone also posted a modified version a few months ago which improved some things.

If it doesn't work you should be able to do everything with SSI.php with some other SMF functions included. For documentation on the functions see the Function DB
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: