PERMISSIONS ARE CORRECT!

Started by AaronOptx, August 28, 2005, 08:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronOptx

I'm going nuts! ARCHIMEDES/IUSR_ARCHIMEDES has all the correct permissions on the c:\inetpub\wwwroot and c:\winnt\temp folders(modify, read&execute, list folder contents, read, write) i've restarted IIS to see if that worked. still nothing. recalculated web, still nothing. This error is going to make me snap.

[Unknown]

Are you sure that is what IIS is running as?

Have you tried effective permissions?

Have you tried resetting all child objects' permissions?

-[Unknown]

AaronOptx

i'm 100% positive that IIS is using c:\inetpub\wwwroot as the root directory for the only website running on my box.  hxxp:rhymemindtheory.com [nonactive] points to hxxp:rhymemind.no-ip.org [nonactive] (my computer) and everything else loads fine.  i just tried deleting all permissions and readding them with no luck either. as for effective permissions there's only 4 users that have access. my account which has full control, admin with full control, everyone and iusr_archimedes. everyone and iusr_archimedes have the exact same permissions (everything but full control), so that should rule out effective permissions if i'm not mistaken.
any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[Unknown]

Go the the wwwroot directory, right click -> Properties -> Security.  Click Advanced.  Check "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects".  Click OK, OK.

Now, find one of SMF's files.  Let's say, Settings.php.  Right click -> Properties -> Security.  Verify what you see.  Now, click Advanced.  Verify what you see.  Look for any denies.  Now, go to the Effective Permissions tab.  Hit Select... and type the IUSR_ARCHIMEDES username.  Make sure the proper things are checked there.

-[Unknown]

AaronOptx

ok, i'm in win2k and didn't see anywhere that says "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects". but i tried removing all permissions except admin, then readding the modify permission which is everything but full control. went to advanced and verified that is was modify(everything but delete directories and files, change permissions, take ownership). checked a few SMF files and there are 0 denies. and there is no Effective Permissions tab, unless it has to be enabled somewhere.

did an 'iisreset' and still get the same "You're on a windows server, and some crucial files are not writable..." error

AaronOptx

no other suggestions? anybody at all?

[Unknown]

I'm afraid I'm not sure what to tell you.  I know I've done this on Windows 2000 servers, so if you do not see it I'm at a loss.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: