News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Wordpress+SMF mod error:You cannot download or install new packages because the

Started by wole8029, April 12, 2012, 03:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wole8029

hello guys i have SMF intergrated into my wordpress, when i try to install some mods like SA facebook, MENU editor( to add an external link menu item) etc i get this error

"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

Please how do i solve this, is it possible?
and secondlly how can i add external menu item on the menu without mods

Please need help!

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Tony Reid

And you have a temp sub directory below Packages?

Make sure both are 755 (some hosts don't like 777).

You may also need to check ownership of the directories - but then if its shared hosting - only your helpdesk can do that.
Tony Reid

dotatalk.com

I encountered that problem too. I don't know why this issue isn't fixed. It is one of the most important mod - to integrate smf with wp.
Users like me just follow the instructions stated. Boom, the above problems appear.
I have to re-enable the cookies and remove the plugin to make everything works back to normal.

I think it's not worth the hassle, considering the mods/plugins are all buggy and not frequently updated.
Henceforth, I disabled registration on my blog(wordpress) and direct my users to SMF forum for registration.
Problem 'solved'.

wole8029

oka y will try and make it 755, but please i tried entering a new menu and get error

can someone help me with the code to add

'menu_action' => array(
            'title' => 'Pro Ana Thinspiration',
            'href' => $http://www.proanathinspiration.net/,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),

i tried that and it crashed my forum, had to replace it with the back up file..pls help me fix whats wrong with this code and pls tel me after what line to place it, i need it amongs the menu any position is okay, preferable before HOME menu.

emanuele

That should work:

'menu_action' => array(
'href' => 'http://www.proanathinspiration.net/,
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

wole8029

@eman it didnt work it crashed my forum, i placed it just before the mlist array

is there another method please...

wole8029

@tony that fixing temp and setting it on 777 got my forum intergration crashed, i have to do a restoration...i dont think its possible to install all mods, since its an integration. Thanks anyway.

Tony Reid

Tony Reid

emanuele

Sorry...

'menu_action' => array(
'href' => 'http://www.proanathinspiration.net/',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

wole8029

@eman its the same code  with the first one and it also crashed where am i suppose to put it, immediately before mlist array or please give me the line of code from before the new menu to after the new menu...
Thanks

Tony Reid

Its not the same code - look closely at the href line, its missing an apostrophe in the first example.
Tony Reid

wole8029

@ tony it also crshed i copied and pasted it  and it crashed my forum, also i tried 755 and it kept givin me the error..do you know anybody that has wordpress+smf using all mods...

Kindred

in all of the above codes, you are missing a closing ),

'pro_ana_action' => array(
'href' => 'http://www.proanathinspiration.net/',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

wole8029

@kindred perfect job  its done got my menu there, thanks alot God bless you all

Advertisement: