News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[MOD] Candidate for ban

Started by emanuele, May 06, 2012, 05:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuele

From now I will distribute all my mods as attachments to topics in this board.
Feel free to consider them eternal betas.

This mod provides something like a new feature, similar to the "report to moderator", the only difference is that it is oriented to banning members.

Each member with the appropriate permission (provided by the mod itself) will be able to "report" a member, the admin will then be able to view the list of "candidates" and decide to ban their usernames, emails, IPs or any combination of them or simply clean up the list.

The reporting page is accessible through the member's profile: Profile > Actions  > Candidate for ban.
It's possible to introduce a short reason to help admins decide (255 characters).

Admins are able to review the list of proposed bans from Admin > Members > Ban list > Proposed ban.
If the ban is legitimate filling the required fields and selecting "add" the ban will be created and the triggers populated.
In Admin > Configuration > Modification Settings > Miscellaneous it is possible to select a default name for the ban and to display the reports aggregated by reported member.

A user cannot request the ban of a member 2 times in an hour and cannot introduce the same reason for the same member two times.

I know the naming of the various elements lacks of consistency, but I'm unable to decide which is the best choice... (I changed my mind 5 times on the name of this mod during the half day of its development...)

Things I would like to add (if there is enough interest :P):
* a "notes" box (I don't remember any more what this was intended to be...)
* better error handling (I don't like fatal_lang_error)

Compatibility: SMF 2.0.x

The mod is also available at github: https://github.com/emanuele45/Candidate-for-ban
If you want to fix a bug or do any change to the code feel free to fork it! ;D

Many thanks to Joker™, Labradoodle-360, Spuds and IchBin for the time they spend finding bugs...sorry guys!

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: