News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SamplePurple

Started by CrimeS, July 03, 2012, 01:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrimeS

Link to the theme

New original theme from studioCRIMES.com
Contains unique menu with extraordinary layout.
Live demo is available HERE

impreza

Nawet fajny styl

Pretty cool style. I like the side menu, an interesting solution
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

electricwildflower

Just had to say  this theme is fantastic i am currently using it on my test forum and doing slight mods to it via colours etc. Anyway i have a question i re added the smf search bar to index.template.php and it shows up although sits on the far right of the screen at the top  and looks odd i am trying to get it so it sits lower than it is.

Got any ideas how i move it lower i have provided a link below.

http://www.keepitrealkeepitgoth.com/test/forum/index.php

CrimeS

Hello, the easiest thing to do is to add a new class and div.
Add this to index.template.php:

<div class="search_top"><form id="search_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<input type="text" name="search" value="" class="input_text" />&nbsp;
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="', $txt['search'], '" class="button_submit" />
<input type="hidden" name="advanced" value="0" />';

// Search within current topic?
if (!empty($context['current_topic']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="topic" value="', $context['current_topic'], '" />';
// If we're on a certain board, limit it to this board ;).
elseif (!empty($context['current_board']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="brd[', $context['current_board'], ']" value="', $context['current_board'], '" />';

echo '</form></div>

and this to index.css:
.search_top
{
right: 40px;
top: 50px;
position: absolute;

}

electricwildflower

CrimeS

You're welcome. Thanks for all the comments and if you need more help don't hesitate to ask.

electricwildflower

The theme is looking pretty sweet i have it tweaked to exactly how i want it but now i have some other questions that need answering.

1. When i click on profile and i click on the navigation bar the profile info and modify profile all the links are looking fine apart from the bottom link on both are white background and white text. I cant figure out how to change them. Also it is the case with a few of the admin navigation links towards the bottom of the menu they turn out white background and white text.

I use firebug to figure out what elements i need to change on the css file but this last element i cant figure out what to change. ?

2. Would there be be any chance i can separate links on the left hand side navigation bar IE have a set of links such as home, forum, profile etc etc then a HR line and then another set of links below the line i'm not sure if it's a theme change or a subs change ?

3. I noticed some of the footer copywrite is hiding under my sa chat bar how would i bring it up more or creat space so it shows them ?

Thanks again anyway

CrimeS

Hello, can you please attach an image showing what you want to change.

As far as I remember I didn't touch the menu code except its css, so that's where I would look for it.

electricwildflower

I have included two pics of how they look everything is ok apart from this last thing. I have spent a few hours trying to figure out what part of CSS i edit but i cant figure out what part lol.

CrimeS

Can you please send me your index.css, so I can look into it.

electricwildflower

Here you go thanks for the help :)

CrimeS

Find:
.dropmenu li li a span
and add a background to it.

That should solve your problem :)

electricwildflower

xofydna

hi,
I really like this theme (sampleazure) and have had some positive feedback already about it.  However, we are noticing that the text in the navigation menu merges into the text in the main frame when you slide the horizontal scroll bar (not sure if that´s the right term for it!

you can find my forum by googling Spanish Bank Property

I´ve tried adjusting the forum width, but it doesn´t seem to make any difference, whateverr settings I choose.

Thanks for any help  you can offer.

CrimeS

Hello, you can change it by editing the size of this file:
../Themes/SampleAzure/images/theme/navbar_active.png

Or in fact much easier way:

Go into css/index.css in the theme and find:
.nav_bar_item:hover
{
background: url(../images/theme/navbar_active.png);

}

Change to:
.nav_bar_item:hover
{
background: url(../images/theme/navbar_active.png);
width: 110px;
}

xofydna

thanks for your quick response - I´ll try that.

xofydna

hi,
I`ve tried both methods, and doesn´t seem to have made any difference.  I attach a screen shot.
I wonder if you have any idea why.

Regards
Andy

CrimeS

Try to use the second solution and do this:

Find:
.nav_bar_item
{
height: 30px;
line-height: 30px;
padding: 0 17px;
color: #625f5f;
position: relative;
top: 0;
-webkit-transition: all .3s;
-moz-transition: all .3s;
-o-transition: all .3s;
-ms-transition: all .3s;
transition: all .3s;
}

Remove from it:
-webkit-transition: all .3s;
-moz-transition: all .3s;
-o-transition: all .3s;
-ms-transition: all .3s;
transition: all .3s;

it worked for me on your website (dev tools).

xofydna

hi, I will try that when I have fed my kids haha!

thanks again for your very prompt replies.  It´s very much appreciated,
Andy

CrimeS

No problem, let me know if it works, so I can look for other solutions if it doesn't works. I always try to provide fast (when I can) support for my themes :)

Also here's a small fix for the category background (don't know why it's like this on your forum)

In index.css find:
h4.catbg span.left, h4.catbg2 span.left, h3.catbg span.left, h3.catbg2 span.left, .table_list tbody.header td span.left

and remove this:
background: url(../images/theme/main_block.png) no-repeat 0 -160px;

Should look like this:

Advertisement: