Getting a database error, how can I fix it?

Started by Richie, September 06, 2005, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie

I've had my board running great for a couple weeks now, and all of a sudden today I get a message on the page that says: "Parse Error" parse error, unexpected $ in xxx/xxx/xxx/Settings.php on line 58. (the x's being it's folder location). Is there something I should change in the bb script, ot is it a support issue with the database (MySQL). What caused this?

I had a lot of problems getting hacked on my old PhPbb board, and I hope it isn't happening again. The SMF board was working great. Thanks in advance for any help, I'm not too familiar with the tech aspect of these things but I can figure it out if given some instructions on what to do. Thanks!

Oldiesmann

That's not a database error. That means that Settings.php somehow became corrupt (this happens sometimes, nobody's really figured out why though). If there's a file called "Settings_bak.php" in your SMF directory (and there should be), delete the current Settings.php and rename Settings_bak.php to Settings.php (Settings_bak.php will be created again the next time you go to the "Edit Server Settings" section of your admin center).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Saleh

did you edit Settings.php?
this error has nothing to do with MySQL.. it's php parse error (Syntax error)

edit: BAM! beat me to it, tho more informitive than mine ;)

We don't need a reason to help people

Advertisement: