Simplest forum ever - just one list of threads. How?

Started by TheRookie, September 15, 2012, 10:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRookie

Hi,

I want my forum to be very simple. Ideally just one single page with all the threads in a list, with the newest threads on top. How do I do this? Can I maybe link directly to a subforum or something?

I have no idea, this is the first time I make a website and also have a forum. :) Thank you!

wynnyelle

Maybe have just one board, and set the interior of that board to be your site's front page {via the domain name}?

Or use the newest unread posts as the front?

TheRookie

Quote from: Groovystar on September 16, 2012, 05:41:22 AM
Maybe have just one board, and set the interior of that board to be your site's front page {via the domain name}?

I just have one board right now: "General discussion", but I dont want it on the front page, rather on hxxp:www.mysite.com/forums...does [nonactive] that matter? And I dont understand how I actually do what you wrote, can you be more specific? Thank you very much. :)

Bugo, okay, I might switch to Vanilla if I cant get this to work.

TheRookie

Orangine

Or you could have some fun with BoardIndex.template.php and Display.template.php. Maybe I will think about doing something like this.

emanuele

If the issue is "only" the front page you could change index.php to direct to ?board=1 instead of board index. And if you want the most recent topics on top (instead of the most recent answered topic) ?board=1;sort=first_post;desc.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Groovystar on September 16, 2012, 05:41:22 AM

I agree on this as I have done that with my site. You can redirect using .htaccess as well.

Advertisement: