News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

vWarn Mod

Started by Valodim, September 12, 2005, 08:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valodim

Link to Mod

A new warning mod, based on membergroups. The main differences to VisualWarning mod are:
- the warning levels are based on membergroups, that means easier adminstration (you can list members of groups in the admin interface etc), and you can have as many warning levels as you like
- you can easily deny/grant permissions (for example the "muted" group should have "Post reply" denied), and all boards selected in the board list of warning groups are actually hidden for the user.
- easier to use interface (I think/hope), it's possible to specify different expiry dates for different warning levels, add a note to the log for other moderators, and optionally send a pm to the user and specify a related post.

this mod does not contain post moderation, I will soon code a separate mod for that.

this is my very first mod. enjoy :)

special thanks to Padfoot and scs for helping me with fixing the tons of bugs this had when I first released it. :)

please note that this mod does appear to still be rather buggy. I do not have time (or rather, motivation) to do more bugtracking here than I already did, but it does seem to work for some people so I leave it up here. consider it an early beta.

\\ 1.10

1.1.2 compatibility :D

J. Williams

Very good valodim

I hope your mod does good but :(

Its sending bad arguements and is giving getting a bit annoying
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Valodim

noted, expect a fix in < 30 minutes :)

\\ edit

DONE + some other stuff :D

I should really remove & ~E_NOTICE for my errors >_<

the mod is lacking a warning button, could someone make one for me? (the button generator's icons are all taken in the thread view :( )

J. Williams

autoWarningTime

Missing arguements line 2 + 3

This are in error log
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Valodim

fixed, read above. I forgot to add __FILE__, __LINE__ to one of the queries in the database script :)

J. Williams

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

unserialize(): Argument is not a string

More errors
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Valodim

thanks for the feedback. man I should be more careful with the NOTICE errors >_<

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
couldn't find that one... file/line?

\\ edit

ARGH, found more errors in the notify routine! I HATE E_NOTICE!! \o/

\\\ edit

FIXED! bleh, I hope that's it for E_NOTICEs for now >_>

Padfoot

When opening topic i get this error message in the topic
QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare isnotminusone() (previously declared in /home/****/public_html/smfbeta/Sources/Load.php:874) in /home/****/public_html/smfbeta/Sources/Load.php on line 874

Also getting these 2 error msgs in the error log
Quote8: unserialize(): Argument is not a string
File: /home/****/public_html/smfbeta/Sources/Profile.php
Line: 2944
Quote2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/****/public_html/smfbeta/Sources/Profile.php
Line: 2946

Relating to the first one...i cannot see posts made by user ID 2 or upwards.....

Thankfully this is only installed on my test board

Valodim

it declares the function twice if the function is called twice? that's stupid. (I'm more used to java concerning this, and only tested it with one user >_<)

oh well, fixed. again... is this duck hunt over now? XD

thanks for the feedback, sorry for the bugs. man I'm glad I declared this a beta :P

\\ edit

that code is lines 2776 and 2778 for me, fixed. thanks =)

I noticed there's a problem with the valid column of the warning log table, must've been caused by the fixes... I'll fix it tomorrow, too tired now (it's 1:32am here >_< )

anything else I need to know? ::)

next mod I release, I'm going to check the stupid error log before releasing it, even as a beta *sigh*

Padfoot

QuoteDatabase Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 10)' at line 3
File: /home/****/public_html/smfbeta/Sources/Load.php
Line: 590

Getting this when logging in as "warned" user...also line 570 & 569...even after uninstalling this mod.
After "unwarning" user...this error disappears...

Valodim

found it, the member's additional groups got an additional comma... but couldn't find the cause... hum.

fixed one more thing, the warning membergroups weren't kept if the additional groups were manually updated. also, I forgot to add the warn permission to the permission array (the $txt values were there. :P), plus some other rather minor stuff, maybe I got your error by chance :P

geez. I hope I can get this into an actually stable and usable status soon XD

Padfoot

QuoteDatabase Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 11)' at line 3
File: /home/****/public_html/smfbeta/Sources/Load.php
Line: 589

Same problem....once user is warned they get this error....when "unwarned" error disappears.

I appreciate you have put a lot of hard work into this mod...but do you actually test it before you put it up on here, or just wait for us to highlight the errors?

Valodim

of course I test, and I see what's the direct cause of that error but I can't reproduce it (as said in my previous post) nor find the reason. it's all working fine here. most things I've fixed 'til now are either things I didn't include in the first version, or errors which bring up new errors... sorry, I'll test my next mod more thoroughly :(

* Valodim goes back to work. crap. >_<

\\ edit

found it! it occurs when the user doesn't have any warnings and/or additional groups (I always had some groups for the member XD)

man I seriously hope that's it for a good while. fixing in a minute. >_>

J. Williams

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '< 0
ORDER BY mg.minPosts, IF(mg.ID_GROUP < 4, mg.ID_GROUP, 4), mg.groupName' at line 3
File: /home/scs/public_html/Community/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 201

Another error :(
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Valodim

oh my god, this is getting embarassing. how many errors can I have made in those 1000 lines?! .V.

fixed. fixed. geez. spending some more time bugtracking now before uploading it, I don't want to get another 25 bug reports >_>

truly sorry guys, I hope I can provide a pleasant surprise next mod :(

\\ edit

a'ight, I think I really got it this time. I tested every single action there is with/without admin, with/without additional membergroups, granted and removed permissions for all groups, added membergroups, removed membergroups. I found only two more E_NOTICE mistakes, and that's it. I hope.

uploaded, not if anyone finds another ******ing (more serious) error, I'll give in to murphy >_<

J. Williams

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '< 0
ORDER BY mg.minPosts, IF(mg.ID_GROUP < 4, mg.ID_GROUP, 4), mg.groupName' at line 3
File: /home/scs/public_html/Community/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 201

Still there

P.S Try packing differently
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Valodim

Quote from: Valodim on September 15, 2005, 02:27:37 PM
fixed. fixed. geez. spending some more time bugtracking now before uploading it, I don't want to get another 25 bug reports >_>

didn't upload it after I posted that ;)

Quote from: Valodim on September 15, 2005, 02:27:37 PM
a'ight, I think I really got it this time. I tested every single action there is with/without admin, with/without additional membergroups, granted and removed permissions for all groups, added membergroups, removed membergroups. I found only two more E_NOTICE mistakes, and that's it. I hope.

uploaded, not if anyone finds another ******ing (more serious) error, I'll give in to murphy >_<

what do you mean by packing differently? using xml instead of boardmod files? I heard there wasn't that big a difference in functionality...

J. Williams

Fantastic,you've now debugged your mod

Well done on becoming a good modifier

What i meant about packaging is,on mine its won't accept that sort of file in package manager
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Valodim

great, thank you :D

What i meant about packaging is,on mine its won't accept that sort of file in package manager

you mean it doesn't support tar.gz files? just ask your admin to compile php zlib :P

Padfoot

Great job!!

Now...about post moderation?    :P

Advertisement: