News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Post/Poll Background Color and Borders

Started by Type O-, September 16, 2005, 01:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Type O-

I would like to change the background color of everything surrounding the box in which you type your new post/poll.  This includes the area behind the BBC buttons, the poll options, the "Additional Options" section, and the "Post", "Preview", and "Spell Check" buttons.  I would also like to make the entire area one solid color eliminating the borders between the various sections.  In addition, I want to also change the background color of the header row (i.e. "Start new topic") independently of the other areas.  All in all, I would like to make my theme look very similar to this message board's current theme in these areas minus the colors and buttons.

I was able to find the code that controls most of these areas in the post.template.php, but I am unable to find where to change the background color of the header row or the area around the buttons at the bottom.  I was able to change all of the other areas (individually), however, I have been unable to eliminate the borders between the sections or make them match the background color.  Where is the code that controls the background color of the areas I am missing and what it the easiest way to eliminate the borders or make the entire box appear as one?  Is it possible to control the entire area by placing the appropriate code in one place instead of modifying each <tr> individually?

I am sorry this post is kind of long, but I would GREATLY appreciate any help that anyone could provide.  Thank you in advance for your help!

Type O-

Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction at least?  I was able to find everything else on my own, so please just point me in the right direction.  Thanks!

xenovanis

Sorry for the late response. You might want to try to add a backgroundcolor to the table or tablerow, something like

<tr style="background-color: #ffffff;">

which should override the style.css.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: