converter bbpress 2 to smf ?

Started by kas5986, September 26, 2013, 11:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kas5986

hello I am trying to convert bbpress 2 forum to smf i only have database backup of my old forum can someone help me how i can convert my forum to smf ?

margarett

There is a very old converter
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=227796.0

Not sure it was updated to the newest versions, please take a look at that topic ;)
If you search this board for "bbpress" you will find other topics also.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kas5986

yap i have searched for it before it is not working with bbpress 2 :/ anyone can help ?

margarett

Like I said here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=511748.msg3613826#msg3613826

A converter is not easy to develop. I'm trying to develop one for another software and it's quite a load of work...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

wouterm

Hi,
I  succeeded to migrate from Wordpress BBpress2 plugin to SMF2.05.
These are the steps I made:

- Install SMF2.05
- Copy these 4  tables from the wordpress database to the SMF database: wp_posts, wp_postmeta, wp_users, wp_usermeta . (you can use mysql dumper)
- Run the mySQL commands (see attachment).

These commands will copy only the basic data (Usersnames + passwords, forum, topics and posts).

For me it worked. I hope this  can be useful for others

margarett

Just to confirm: you need to restore your password after conversion, right?

Nicely done. Welcome to SMF, by the way ;)

wouterm

Users will remain their passwords, but they are asked to re-confirm their password the first time they log-in.

Guido13

I know virtually nothing about SQL, when I run the first command this is what I get, a syntax error possibly due to the version of SQL I'm using, any ideas?

Error
SQL query: Documentation

`smf_members` (

`id_member` ,  `member_name` ,  `real_name` ,  `passwd` ,  `email_address` ,  `website_title` ,  `website_url` ,  `date_registered` ,  `posts` ,  `hide_email` ,  `avatar`
) SELECT ID AS id_member, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 80 ) AS member_name, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 255 ) AS real_name, m.user_pass AS passwd, m.user_email AS email_address, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_title, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_url, UNIX_TIMESTAMP( m.user_registered ) AS date_registered, 0 AS posts, 1 AS hide_email,  '' AS avatar
FROM wp_users AS m
LIMIT 0 , 30
MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`smf_members` ( `id_member` , `member_name` , `real_name` , `passwd` , `email_ad' at line 1

wouterm

Did you introduce the whole sentence?
INSERT INTO `smf_members` ( `id_member` ....
It seems you did not type INSERT INTO
Also you need to have the table called smf_members

Sono

Quote from: wouterm on October 01, 2013, 07:23:43 AM
Hi,
I  succeeded to migrate from Wordpress BBpress2 plugin to SMF2.05.
These are the steps I made:

- Install SMF2.05
- Copy these 4  tables from the wordpress database to the SMF database: wp_posts, wp_postmeta, wp_users, wp_usermeta . (you can use mysql dumper)
- Run the mySQL commands (see attachment).

These commands will copy only the basic data (Usersnames + passwords, forum, topics and posts).

For me it worked. I hope this  can be useful for others

Execuse me for the naive question, but where do you have to run the command? In sqldumper? Or in myphpadmin?

wouterm

You can run the queries in PHPMyAdmin, in the SQL tab.

Sono

I tried to copy the tables in my BBPress forum that wouterm talked about to the SMF forum. I tested it with the posts table. I exported in using the Export menu in MyPHPadmin. But when I import it to the SMF forum using the Import menu in MyPHPadmin there, too, I get error messages. What is the problem? I am unable to copy the tables this way to the SMF forum, what am I doing wrong?

If I want to import it is sql format, I get this error message:

With the CSV there is page error:

With XML I got this error message:

wouterm

The error message says "no databse selected". So  you should first select the database (congovibes_com ?)in PHPMyAdmin.
You can also first select a table within this database base and than click on the  SQL tab.

Sono

Actually these two are on different servers and domain. The congovibes.com with the BBpress is on one server, and the SMF forum is on another with a different domain. Can I select the congovibes database in the MyPHPadmin of the SMF forum, or I should install SMF to the server where congovibes with BBpress is, and  select the same database for it where the tables of the BBpress forum are?

margarett

No, just export the tables in the first server and import them in the second one. Always use SQL format.
In the second server you need to make sure you select a database (SMF one) before you choose to import

Sono

Thank you!

It works, indeed! I managed to import all the tables, and could run most of the commands successfully. But I have problem with the last few lines. I get error messages for these:

UPDATE smf_messages SET `poster_email` = (
SELECT email_address
FROM smf_members
WHERE smf_members.id_member= smf_messages.id_member
)

UPDATE smf_members SET posts = ( SELECT count( * )
FROM smf_messages
WHERE smf_messages.id_member = smf_members.id_member
GROUP BY id_member )

margarett

That should be an issue with empty values in the original tables and / or users with no posts

Not on the computer right now, sorry

Sono

When I ran the commands for th last section (messages, passwords, etc.) I made an error, because I copied all commands, and didn't know if you copy it all it will result in syntax error. So I emptied the target tables, and ran the commands one by one in that section. Maybe the emptying resulted in this error?

margarett

No, that should be an issue with the contents of the original tables (having not-filled-in values, eg: a member without email)

Can you check, in your current smf_members table (after you get those errors), if you have any member with a blank "email_address" field? You can easily order your table by field by clicking in the column name, so the empty fields should come up first ;)

Sono

I checked it, and indeed, several rows are missing the e-mail. What should I do now?

This smf_ messages contains what? The PM messages? Those are not very important anyway.

Advertisement: