Help how to install SMF 2.0.5

Started by PowerOfM4a1, October 09, 2013, 11:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerOfM4a1

Hi guys can you help me how to install smf2.0.5..
my website was so very slow to load and i want to update the version 2.0.1 to 2.0.5..
if i click the "(more detailed)"

if i click more detailed this it will show..

can you help me guys to make my website going load faster and install new version

Burke ♞ Knight

If go to Admin -> Package Manager
There should be a box that states to update.
You will update one at a time from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 to 2.0.5
That should do it for you. :)

PowerOfM4a1

But my website doesnt have a package manager button

Chalky

Package Manager is in the Admin menu, unless you're using smfforfree or smfnew or one of the other all-included free hosting sites?

PowerOfM4a1

Illori

PowerOfM4a1

what do you mean link to my furom..
this is my site..
pexthackerz.smfnew.com
please help me

Illori

you would need to contact smfnew for upgrades as they host all your files etc. we can not do anything.

PowerOfM4a1

Illori

Quote from: Illori on October 10, 2013, 06:17:03 AM
you would need to contact smfnew for upgrades as they host all your files etc. we can not do anything.

PowerOfM4a1

can you create a SMF with that package manager a little bit..and you give to me and i will cutomize it..
register it with my email add..
[email protected]
tnx

margarett

You can't do anything except buy a hosting plan and set up SMF from installer
smfnew is a free forum host which offers a pre-configured SMF installation. Their installations are customized to not allow access to some admin options, namely package manager.

They have to upgrade your forum for you. There's nothing you or we can do about it...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

As we have said - your issue is that you are using smfnew.

SMFNEW is not hosted by or even affiliated with Simple Machines - they merely run our software.
Any issues that you have with them need to be addressed on their own support site, since we can't do anything for you.

Also.... Please do not ever send unsolicited emails directly to staff asking for support.

that is just plain obnoxious. :(
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

He also posted on SimplePortal, ignoring what was told to him here.

Advertisement: