2.0.6 upgrade - simple portal block issue

Started by scotchmonster, October 23, 2013, 05:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotchmonster

Hi any advice would be great.
We did the 2.0.6 upgrade (thank you for this team) and since then simple portal recent picks block doesn't show the images, just a image placeholder in internet explorer.
It does work in all other browsers. And no other simple portal block has been effected.

Has anyone else seen this?

www.jetskiclub.com.au is the url

Kindred

I think you should probably follow up with the SimplePortal support.....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Just to throw a spanner in the works, everything looks fine, to me, if I use IE (Spit!)

IE 10 x64.

scotchmonster

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The problem only occurs for anyone connecting to a certain isp. All other connections work fine.

kat

Connection to a certain internet service provider?

I'm not sure I follow that...

scotchmonster

It seems the problem isn't only in Simple Portal.

It's become worse now and it seems all hosted images, not embedded ones, are no longer visible.
This is on all the pc's with IE I have been able to check on.

Began after the last smf update.

Any ideas?

lurkalot

As per this thread, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=513328.0  you could try (as a test) commenting out these three lines from your index.php: file and see if they come back.  Refresh your browser after commenting out each line to check if they're working.

header('X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN');
header('X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block');
header('X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff');

GL700Wing

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

scotchmonster

Unfortunately I have no skills in this.
I need to get the website working as many people depend on it.
Is uninstalling the 2.0.6 update possible or a reasonable option?

margarett

No, it's not reasonable ;)

You should perform that "fix", actually. You will ignore a lot of security updated if you remove the patch.

It's really just a matter of get a file, edit it and upload it again -> 30 seconds...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: