News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SPAM from Simplemachines?

Started by edi67, February 17, 2014, 03:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edi67

Dear support i want notice you this:

today i received this SPAM email message:

QuoteGood day.

I write to you in good faith.

I am Mr MARTUES iBRAM, finance director of Ecowas Bank Lome Togo.

I'm 54 years of age i want you to inform me the recrutive business one can invest in your country. I have not been in your country before and now i have the opportunity to make a swift transaction of $18.5 million US dollars.

Can i trust you and transfer this amount to you? I am waiting your urgent response.

Regards,

Director/Ecowas Bank Lome Togo,
MARTUES iBRAM
+22898968269
[email protected]

From "[email protected]" <[email protected]> to my old email address added here ( i changed it now ) so i want ask you if this is normal or somebody grabbed my email from your database because i dont want receive SPAM in my email from here.

Thx for your reply.

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

margarett

Some of us (team) also got that as a PM some days ago. The offending user (aka SPAMMER ;D ) used the possibility to email you. So you received an email from SMF on behalf of him, rest assured, your email address wasn't given to him.

Or, someone simply forged the sender email address. Quite common, actually. I receive a bunch of spam emails from myself :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

edi67

Quote from: margarett on February 17, 2014, 04:43:44 AM
Some of us (team) also got that as a PM some days ago. The offending user (aka SPAMMER ;D ) used the possibility to email you. So you received an email from SMF on behalf of him, rest assured, your email address wasn't given to him.

I Hope so  :)
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

kat

Spoofing e-mail addresses is surprisingly easy, I'm afraid.

Advertisement: