How To Prevent Spammer That Post Thousands Of Posts?

Started by Chris180, March 01, 2014, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris180

The good news is, I barely get spammers of my forum. 2 out of the 3 forums I own have relativity small amounts of traffic, however one of my forums is doing rather well in terms of traffic, and I get around 1-2 spammers a week per forum, so I am doing very well in terms of the number of spammers that actually make it through my spam-prevention measures.

The problem is, the odd few spammers that do get past my preventions post typically around 3000-4000 posts in the space of a few hours.

I have never seen this before. Luckily it's easy to go to their profiles and just select "delete all posts and topics" and then ban the account, which I or one of my moderators can do relatively quickly, but I do I prevent such spammers?

I have captcha enabled. I have an additional question on registration enabled with 3 separate alternating questions and answers. I am stopforumspam.com's mod installed that prevents any flagged e-mail address's and ip address's. I also recent set the 'time between posts' from 5 seconds to 30 seconds.

I just don't know how to stop these specific spammers that post thousands of posts from a single account within the space of a few hours. Is there any mod out there that can limit a user to post say, a maximum of 200 posts per hour, or something like that?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Yash Enterprises

It is very easy now a days, various tools are available in net to check spam, some old tools like numerical,alphabet identification ,now a days animated tools are also present in the market.

Advertisement: