[Possible Paid] TapaTalk Table Tags

Started by PopUpSteve, March 20, 2014, 02:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopUpSteve

I use tables a lot to post lists of members attending events. Unfortunately, TapaTalk does not display tables and they have informed me that it is a low priority to address the issue. I have tried a few other methods like doing the table in HTML instead of BBC and also converting the table into an image, but TapaTalk apparently only likes plan text. So it got me thinking if there were a set of tags that could define areas of a post to display/not display to TapaTalk, it would solve the problem.

Version
I'm currently using SMF 2.0.7.

Description
I'm thinking something like the following:

[tapatalkoff]
[center][size=16pt][b]Attendee List[/b][/size][table][tr][td]   [/td][td][center][b]Member[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][td][/td][td][center][b]Site #[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][td][center][b]Adults[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][td][center][b]Kids[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][td][center][b]Pets[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][td][center][b]Arriving[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][td][center][b]Departing[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][td][center][b]Status[/b][/center][/td][td]   [/td][/tr][tr][td][center][img]http://www.popupportal.com/Smileys/popup/MD.jpg[/img][/center][/td][td][center]John Smith[/center][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][center]301[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]2[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]1[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center][/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Fri[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Sun[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Confirmed[/center][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][center][img]http://www.popupportal.com/Smileys/popup/VA.jpg[/img][/center][/td][td][center]Sam Stevens[/center][/td][td][/td][td][img]http://www.popupportal.com/Smileys/popup/potluck.gif[/img][/td][td][center]302[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]2[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]1[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center][/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Thrus[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Sun[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Confirmed[/center][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][center][img]http://www.popupportal.com/Smileys/popup/VA.jpg[/img][/center][/td][td][center]Amy Sheatz[/center][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][center]303[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]1[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center] [/center][/td][td][/td][td][center][/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Fri[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Sun[/center][/td][td][/td][td][center]Confirmed[/center][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/center]
[/tapatalkoff]
[tapatalkon]
[b]Attendee List[/b]

Member: [b]John Smith[/b]  /  From: [b]MD[/b]  /  Site: [b]301[/b]  /  Status: [b]Confirmed[/b]

Member: [b]Sam Stevens[/b]  /  From: [b]VA[/b]  /  Site: [b]302[/b]  /  Status: [b]Confirmed[/b]

Member: [b]Amy Sheatz[/b]  /  From: [b]VA[/b]  /  Site: [b]303[/b]  /  Status: [b]Confirmed[/b]
[/tapatalkon]

So using this to determine the viewing status (TapaTalk or Browser):
Quote from: Shambles on March 19, 2014, 04:14:16 AM
In Who.template.php you can find the 'trap'...

strpos($member['query']['USER_AGENT'], 'Tapatalk') !== false

"Thanks Shambles"

In a browser you would see this:

Attendee List

Site #

Adults

Kids

Pets

Arriving

Departing

Status

John Smith
Fri
Sun
Confirmed
Sam Stevens
Thrus
Sun
Confirmed
Amy Sheatz
Fri
Sun
Confirmed

And in TapaTalk you would see this:

Attendee List

Member: John Smith  /  From: MD  /  Site: 301  /  Status: Confirmed

Member: Sam Stevens  /  From: VA  /  Site: 302  /  Status: Confirmed

Member: Amy Sheatz  /  From: VA  /  Site: 303  /  Status: Confirmed

Permissions
As far as Permissions go, I would think only admins and mods would have access to these tags.

Feature Set
Can't really think of anything that isn't already covered above, but I'm open to suggestions.
Steve
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless it's digital."

PopUpSteve

If you are curious, I have a script which generates the attendee tables and for the image links I'm using in the example, I do use smiley tags on my site.
Steve

live627

I can write this one for you for $20.

PopUpSteve

That sounds good. I will PM you for the details. Thanks
Steve

Advertisement: