Trouble connecting an old database to new install of SMF

Started by asht, March 28, 2014, 11:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asht

I have no idea how to edit the databse so that has remained unchanged, on the 27th i had the website up, but it had a few small errors, like a message saying i needed to display the copyright info, also the login buton was missing....

Sir Osis of Liver

There are a couple of things could have damaged the db.  It may be incomplete - you may have a partial backup, or partial import.  Also sounds like you may have run upgrade.php and it didn't finish, so part of the db was upgraded to 2.0, the rest is still 1.x.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

asht

yeh that could be a possibility, i am trying to get bluehost to help me out right now im on the phone with them.
What a pain in the fckin ass. i have a backup of the SQL file...which is the database right? i guess i can import it again and start over?

Ash

Sir Osis of Liver

You'll have to ask your host to import it if it's 250mb.  Most phpmyadmin setups won't let you import anything close to that.  If the backup is ok, you should be able to get the 1.1.13 forum running properly, then do the upgrade.

- R. Waters

asht

I poked my screen twice now cus of that bug running around.
So they have imported my database again, what do you recomend i do now? re upload the ftp? delete the old stuff first?

asht

I am wiling to pay someone $50 if they can fix this for me....im certain its nothing to serious i just have no experience with SMF and Databases.

Sir Osis of Liver

If you can wait another day, register here, will see what I can do.

- R. Waters

asht

Ok it seems i have fixed the site, there were some errors in the setting.php the directories were wrong.
The websites back online but it has the Sorry, the message

" copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.
Not sure why this message is appearing? Take a look at some common causes."

I think i will update to SMF 2 now.

Advertisement: