Cannot access Package Manager to upgrade to the latest version

Started by mfarmer, April 07, 2014, 11:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfarmer

Error message:

INSERT command denied to user 'dbo452575559'@'212.227.18.49' for table 'smf_log_online'
File: /homepages/38/d410768288/htdocs/forumabruzzouncovered/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2658

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.5, while your database is at version 2.0.3. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

kat

Two things to check, that I can think of...

1-Do you have enough space left? If not, it won't be able to insert anything.

2-As the database user, do you have the correct privileges, to modify the tables and stuff? (If you don't understand that, or don't know how to find out, give your host a nudge)

mfarmer

I have never had a problem before!  I normally can just update the forum. 
How do I go about solving this?

kat

mfarmer

The problem would seem to be the storage space, the forum is over 100Mb it's limit: 

db452575559   1,126.64MB   1,024.00MB   -102.64MB

Any way of deleting things from it now? 

Could I do something in php admin, or would this really mess things up?

kat

You really don't have a lot of space, there. What about pruning some old attachments out, or something?

margarett

What's the size of your forum? 1Gb is a lot...

Well, you can check your folders/files for unnecessary stuff around, check especially for old cPanel backups left behind. If no wasted space is found, well, then you need to check K@'s advice.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mfarmer

Can I delete anything from here then (in phpmyadmin) 

id_attach    int(10)       UNSIGNED   No        auto_increment     Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    id_thumb    int(10)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    id_msg    int(10)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    id_member    mediumint(8)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    id_folder    tinyint(3)           No    1         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    attachment_type    tinyint(3)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    filename    varchar(255)   utf8_general_ci       No             Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique    Fulltext
    file_hash    varchar(40)   utf8_general_ci       No             Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique    Fulltext
    fileext    varchar(8)   utf8_general_ci       No             Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique    Fulltext
    size    int(10)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    downloads    mediumint(8)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    width    mediumint(8)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    height    mediumint(8)       UNSIGNED   No    0         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext
    mime_type    varchar(20)   utf8_general_ci       No             Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique    Fulltext
    approved    tinyint(3)           No    1         Change    Drop    Primary    Index    Unique   Fulltext

margarett

That's a table, don't touch that ;)

Check your file explorer for unnecessary files.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mfarmer

How do I access that?

I can only access my forum through phpmyadmin at the moment.

margarett

kat

Before you delete ANYTHING, you will back-up first, to circumvent possible disasters....

Won't you? ;)

margarett

Now that's a first :P

How did you install SMF in the first place? You need to have a way to access your files :o

Well, anyway, you need to free up some space. Have a word with your host about that

mfarmer

Is there a way of downloading the forum into filezilla?

mfarmer

Quote from: margarett on April 10, 2014, 08:18:33 AM
Now that's a first :P

How did you install SMF in the first place? You need to have a way to access your files :o

Well, anyway, you need to free up some space. Have a word with your host about that

I used filezilla, but this was a long time ago to upload the forum.

mfarmer

Hurrah, I have downloaded to into Filezilla. 

Right, I can see my folders. 

There is quite a lot in attachments and gallery. 

Can I just delete pictures from the gallery, without breaking the forum? 

mfarmer

Can I also delete stuff out the avatar without breaking the forum?

margarett

Well, yes and no, for both cases :P

You *CAN* do it, it will not break your forum but it *WILL* cause the content to disappear where it should exist.

If you delete attachments, you need to run the maintenance task associated to those, so that the database stops referencing them.
If you delete gallery, well, that depends on which gallery you are using and whether or not it has a file maintenance task to do the same thing
If you delete avatars, whoever is using them will stop having an avatar *but* it will continue to be requested, this resulting in some 404 errors in your apache log ;)

My advice: get *ALL* your files to your PC via Filezilla (don't forget to change transfer mode to binary) and analyze who are the "disk eaters". Then think on what to do next ;)

kat

To save space, in the future, you might want to consider lowering the limits for picture sizes and stuff, in attachments.

Whilst I think about it, look for files, in the root, named "CORExxx" or similar. They can take-up huge amounts of room and they're not, really, needed. They're dumps from when the server had problems. Although, if there're a lot of them, you might want to let you host know.

Advertisement: