News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Enhanced PM System

Started by dougiefresh, April 20, 2014, 04:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff B

Getting closer! Thank you!  However I have another bug.

I can now see the search button, and It seems that I can search inbox messages okay, however, when I switch to search sent items, I get several items returned, however when I click on any one of them to view, i get the very same unrelated message as the result.

Here are some links that go to the same message. Perhaps you can see what is going on with those?

If I copy the link location I get:
index.php?action=pm;f=sent;kstart;start=0;sort=date;pmid=190074#msg190074

But if I actually click on the link it goes here.

/index.php?action=pm;pmid=176350;kstart;f=sent;start=0;sort=date;#msg176350

And the next item. the link location copies as this:
index.php?action=pm;f=sent;kstart;start=0;sort=date;pmid=223123#msg223076

But again, actually goes here when you click on it.
index.php?action=pm;pmid=176350;kstart;f=sent;start=0;sort=date;#msg176350

No matter what I search for in sent items, or how many results return, they all the links go to
index.php?action=pm;pmid=176350;kstart;f=sent;start=0;sort=date;#msg176350

dougiefresh

WTFF?!?!?  This is bizarre.....

Jeff B

:D ;D   Yea, I thought it was a bit far out. :)

When you mouse over the search result link, it appears to be right, if you copy is via a right click, it appears to be right, but if you click on it, it goes to that same spot no matter what.

are you able to reproduce that on your end?

dougiefresh

Unfortunately not.  I can't reproduce this.....  The modification in v2.3 is to redirect you to the last PM in the conversation, but I don't understand why the forum would sent you to an earlier PM....

Is PM ID # 190074 related to PM # 176350?  Is it at least in the same conversation?  You might have to search the page source.  In Firefox, go to Tools -> Web Developer -> Page Source in order to do so....

Jeff B

No relationship at all.   It defaults back to the oldest conversation by the looks of it, and every single search result does no matter what the search. Also in addition, those copied links also default back, and change. Apparently the action in the link does it.

Sent to: Bibbyman on: December 31, 2010, 05:16:28 pm »

index.php?action=pm;f=sent;kstart;start=0;sort=date;pmid=247251#msg247241

If I edit the link to: index.php?action=pm;f=;start=0;sort=date;pmid=247251#msg247241  it goes to the correct location. 

dougiefresh

@Jeff B: Can you edit your file to see if this fix works?  I've adjusted the code like you said....

Find this in Sources/PersonalMessage.php:
Code (Find) Select
redirectexit('action=pm;pmid=' . $lastData['id'] . ';kstart;f=' . $context['folder'] . ';start=0;sort=date;#msg' . $lastData['id']);
and replace it with this:
Code (Replace) Select
redirectexit('action=pm;f=' . $context['folder'] . ';start=0;sort=date;pmid=' . $lastData['id'] . ';#msg' . $pmID);

Jeff B

Unknown column 'pm.id_pm_head' in 'field list'
File: /var/www/virtual/forestryforum.com/htdocs/board/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 626

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

dougiefresh

Please attach your PersonalMessage.php file....

Jeff B

dougiefresh

Jeff B

Same error

Unknown column 'pm.id_pm_head' in 'field list'
File: /var/www/virtual/forestryforum.com/htdocs/board/Sources/PersonalMessage.php
Line: 626

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Jeff B

Just a thought, and I have no idea if it could be related, but I use sphinx search on our forum due to the size.

dougiefresh

Since your copy of PersonalMessage.php and mine were practically identical, I seriously doubt that Sphinx could be playing a role in this issue...  PM me the mod and I can check for you...

ExSpirit

As much as I tested latest version, now all works fine. Thanks.  ;)

dougiefresh

@ExSpirit: Did you do the modifications listed in this post?  If not, that's excellent news....

ExSpirit

I haven't done that modification, I just saw post of Jeff B and tried this and I have the same problem.

If I search and click on some result it takes me to wrong conversation. For example:

The link on some search result is:
/pm/?f=inbox;pmid=51774#msg51774

And when I click I come to this URL:
/pm/?pmid=51776;kstart;f=inbox;start=0;sort=date#msg51776

This is strange. Also I just searched "test" and got some result where "test" is not even inside messages (not even in title or anywhere)?

If I do that modifications which you mentioned and I click on some search result I get error: Unknown column 'pm.id_pm_head' in 'field list'.

dougiefresh

Two people report the exact same error, so I'm guessing that Sphinx search engine can be discounted as a reason....

ExSpirit

Well the search may be OK, but after you click the link wrong conversation opens - I don't know why pmid changes after it's opened?

Jeff B

Yea, the search works. It returns the things it should. The problem is that the links returned have an action in them that cause the link to redirect to the oldest discussion rather than the search result printed.

ExSpirit, can you confirm that your link ends up going to your oldest conversation?

Jeff B

Since I have quite a bit of stuff in my outbox as well, I was able to test a search there to. The same thing happens, you are returned appropriate search results, but on click, you are sent to the wrong message, and the same message regarless of what you search, or what the returns are.

An example for those URL's would be:

index.php?action=pm;f=unread;kstart;start=0;sort=date;pmid=195960#msg195961

With the resulting url:
index.php?action=pm;pmid=178735;kstart;f=unread;start=0;sort=date;#msg178735

Advertisement: