[WIP - Converter] WoltLab Burning Boards / WBB 4.0

Started by margarett, May 02, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

This is a beta, don't just scrap your working forum at the end of the process!

I picked a local install of WBB 4.0.5, created some content and, using the existing converter for WBB 3, I tried to get something working for this software.

What the converter will convert:

• Members
  • Categories
  • Boards
  • Topics/Posts
  • PMs
  • post attachments
  • polls

Known issues/limitations

• Boards/Categories: Correct mapping only possible until first child board.
  • Attachments/avatars: files are fetched from a fixed folder structure but it is possible that it is random
  • Notifications: no idea about this :P No notifications are converted
  • Passwords: passwords are *not* converted (check below)

Password recovery
Since passwords are not converted, you need to follow the usual steps for password recovery. If you cannot email yourself a new password, use this trick from the wiki:
QuoteResetting an admin users password

Use phpMyAdmin (or similar) to locate (within the "_members" table) the member whose password is to be reset. In the database field entitled "passwd", enter a new password using plain text.
Then, clear out (erase) any existing content in the database field entitled "password_salt".
The next time the member logs in (using the new password), SMF will automatically re-encrypt his credentials.

How to use the converter
* Install SMF in the same server as WBB, in a separate folder, in the same or different database
* If installed in different databases, make sure that the MySQL user from SMF is allowed to SELECT (at least) the database from WBB
* Upload the files "convert.php" and "wbb4_to_smf.sql" to your SMF folder
* Edit the file "wbb4_migration.php" and define the correct database information, as in the example below:
<?php
// Change this to the database name you are using.
$wbb4_database 'wbb4';
// Change this to the database prefix for your Woltlab Community Framework you are using in the above database (default is wcf1_).
$wcf_prefix 'wcf1_';
// Change this to the database prefix for your BurningBoard4 you are using in the above database (default is wbb1_).
$wbb_prefix 'wbb1_';
?>

(unlike the other converters, this one needs a separate configuration file because WBB uses 2 table prefixes)
* Upload the file to your WBB folder
* Run the converter --> www.whatever-path-to-smf.com/convert.php

That's it. If interested test and let us know the outcome.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

AwieAlex

Thnx, i will try it this evening, a short try with 2 databases doest go, i now put in in one database and try it again.

AwieAlex

Now i tried quickly, but there is a mistake:

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (gender)

When i want to log in my smf forum, the Username is away.

margarett

If it doesn't work with separate databases, that's because SMF's user can't access WBB's database.
As for that problem, I'll check.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

AwieAlex

Ok,by the way,i respect your work at the importers, thumbs up for this ;)

margarett

Updated the .sql file in the first post, please give it another try ;)

AwieAlex

The same mistake

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (gender)

margarett

Oh memory, why do you fail on me? :(

Sorry, forgot to revisit this...
I can't really understand why you get that. I know how to fix it (not fix it, go around it) but it would be nice to understand why...

So, in the local setup I got, "gender" is stored as 0/1/2 in the table "wcf1_user_option_value" , column "userOption4"
Can you check which values you got in this column?

edit: also fixed a typo in the .sql file, please re-download it ;)

AwieAlex

I look this evening, now i must go to work, someone who want to go for me? ;D

AwieAlex

Now i have tried converting, first step is ok now, but now this:

Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_member_started)

margarett

Don't you just love converters? :)
I'm driving now, will check later. Thank you for reporting.

AwieAlex

lol yes i love it :D I like testing new things, no problem ;) Drive carefully ;)

margarett

Just in time :) Just finished it. Posts made by removed users, I didn't try that before :(
Updated the original topic, please give it a spin ;)

AwieAlex

Next step is done till the Poll Votes, now the attachments:

Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting attachments...
Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/14-f45f9fb1d86db44e0285f422e261bee11c5343e2): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/15-c184499a3c4b88c86fa3d74661d03dbc011eac9d): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/16-c0b60548cd13d299393ea973e7cc661d47cff0b0): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/17-aa17749e0961585f4f4e896b0dce53e2d7138fee): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/18-9e0817e30449d1ab99b4f0a9bdf4f1722d3c67a0): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/19-3a0e371dc4c9e94418c503e127078a949d58bc4f): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/26-9967551f68788c2cae53a7431124e5b9ea59e19d): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/27-3be6a61320d07655490200ab65a63558256d8f8d): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/28-804a91ac9306c958992ad0a9010426c4e0caba29): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/29-734d1eb794eb7588f9e2b0cf901a44349cbb147e): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/2.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/30-b5eb983d0bf561d7aa9ff50f73a8298c5ede4545): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

Warning: copy(/kunden/.../oc/wcf/attachments/b2/31-d27079bbf081135eadb42082cda1d9e1f6447747): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /kunden/.../smf/convert.php(1254) : eval()'d code on line 7

AwieAlex

And there are not all threads importet i see just?

margarett

Did it finish?

2 things:
1- the attachments might be borked. I'm using a fixed path for the files (the path I got in my tests) but I recognize it might be wrong (check known issues in the first post). Can you please check what do you have inside this folder here: oc/wcf/attachments
2- which treads are you missing? Don't forget to login to your converted SMF and perform the maintenance tasks "check for errors" and "recount totals" ;)

AwieAlex

Ok, after i performed the maintenance tasks all threads are there :)

In the folder you talked about, there are more folders (/00, /0a, /0b etc.)

margarett

Hmmm I need to check how exactly the attachments work, then...

As for the remaining content, everything's cool? Any suggestions for improvement?

AwieAlex

Content is cool, avatars and attachments are the last walk, then its perfect ;)

AwieAlex

Hey margarett, first, i wish you a nice Weekend ;)
Did you check the attachments? :)

Advertisement: