AJAXChat, SMF & SSI.php error

Started by windowsvizta, June 11, 2014, 01:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windowsvizta

Hello there,

I would like to ask you something about my Ajaxchat integration.

SMF - 2.0.6
AJAXChat - 0.8.7 for SMF

When i integrated chat with smf, surfing to the address end with chat/install.php,  the following occurred -

QuoteInternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster<at>something.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So i went to SSI.php with my browser, the error was the same above.

How can i do for this? Please i need the solution ASAP.

With Best Regards,

Ninja ZX-10RR

I think you can better ask in the support topic of that mod, so here --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.9080 also because the mod is not abandoned and there are many users that might know better ;) alsp maybe in that topic there could be the solution you are looking for as there are like 400 pages of answers :P
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Flavio is correct. You need to ask for support with a specific mod in the topic dedicated to supporting that mod.

Additionally, you can never access SSI.php directly from your browser.

Finally a 500 error (aka Internal server error) usually indicuates something wrong on the server side...   possibly related the chmod permissions or  bad htaccess file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

windowsvizta

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 11, 2014, 10:20:23 PM
I think you can better ask in the support topic of that mod, so here --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.9080 also because the mod is not abandoned and there are many users that might know better ;) alsp maybe in that topic there could be the solution you are looking for as there are like 400 pages of answers :P

Thanks for pointing me, Flavio93Zena. I already read that topic and I got messed with them - kinda deviation. Just kidding.

Quote from: Kindred on June 12, 2014, 10:05:14 AM
Additionally, you can never access SSI.php directly from your browser.

Finally a 500 error (aka Internal server error) usually indicuates something wrong on the server side...   possibly related the chmod permissions or  bad htaccess file

I really don't know much php and I m just a substitute person - just for a moment. I gave 777 on SSI.php - is that right? How can i do htaccess file?

Thanks both of you, Kindred and Flavio93Zena.

With Regards,

P.S : I m poor in english so sorry ...  ;D

Ninja ZX-10RR

I think I know the answer but as I am like 70% sure I'll wait for Kindred on this one, he knows *way* better than me and can explain you much better than I could anyhow ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Actually,  setting it to 777 will cause a 500 error on many hosts.  644 for files and 755 for directories is the max permission setting that you want to use...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on June 12, 2014, 04:55:11 PM
Actually,  setting it to 777 will cause a 500 error on many hosts.  644 for files and 755 for directories is the max permission setting that you want to use...
So I can see I knew the answer but... Found this bunch of stuff on the net.. Is this correct? Because I don't know all of them and I wanted to learn it.
Value Meaning

(rwxrwxrwx) No restrictions on permissions. Anybody may do anything. Generally not a desirable setting.

(rwxr-xr-x) The file's owner may read, write, and execute the file. All others may read and execute the file. This setting is common for programs that are used by all users.

(rwx------) The file's owner may read, write, and execute the file. Nobody else has any rights. This setting is useful for programs that only the owner may use and must be kept private from others.

(rw-rw-rw-) All users may read and write the file.

(rw-r--r--) The owner may read and write a file, while all others may only read the file. A common setting for data files that everybody may read, but only the owner may change.

(rw-------) The owner may read and write a file. All others have no rights. A common setting for data files that the owner wants to keep private.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

As a general rule, 644/755 is the highest you normally want to use. 444/555 is typically better but that's because I'm one of those hardline commies that talks about security a lot.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah I know :P the point is that I'm not really understanding all those codes, also why those numbers... I don't really get it, I remember some codes such as 644/755 but why? I don't get it at all that's my problem.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Everyone loves binary. In normal numbers, every column you go left, you multiply by ten. 1, 10, 100, 1000. In binary you multiply by two. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16.

rwx (read, write, execute) is simply binary in that order. r = 4, w = 2, x = 1. If you want read, that's 4. If you want read+write = 4+2 = 6.

Files generally do not need execute, therefore 6 or 4 are appropriate for files. Folders on the other hand require execute - it's what gives you permission to enter the folder.

As for the three numbers, that's uge = user, group, everyone. First number is user - the owner of the file. Second is group - every file is owned by a user and a group. For example on some systems you have each user with an account and then a group of 'users' to which each user belongs, where the file is owned by username:users. The group permission covers what anyone in that group is allowed to do - e.g. anyone in the users group. Lastly everyone covers what anyone with server access can do.

This is usually made so much more complicated by the fact that the web server runs as its own user in its own group (typically nobody:nobody, or www-data:www-data) meaning you have to escalate things to 'everyone' for the web server to do anything.

It's a terrible practice, really, but the best SMF has right now.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Arantor on June 12, 2014, 06:31:09 PM
If you want read+write = 4+2 = 6.
Oooooh jeez that's why I couldn't get it, never knew that summing like that was possible  :-[ well thanks for the explanation :D I guess I will be creating a topic about which one to set where and why some day :P and I strongly believe you are going to give me a headache wondering all the possible cases xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Well, just think about 123 = 1x100 + 2x10 + 3x1. All we're doing here is saying 1x4 + 1x2 + 0x1 = 6.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I feel embarrassed for looking like such a noob towards you but yeah thank you I got how it works it's easy when you understand you can sum xD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

We all have to start somewhere :) I've just been doing this stuff *way* too long... I think I first encountered this stuff about 15 years ago...

Ninja ZX-10RR

15 years ago I was in primary school and had no idea of what a computer was XD so yeah it would be worrying if I knew better but isn't :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

15 years ago I was still in secondary school, but I'd be programming for some years by then ;)

Kindred

15 years ago, I had already been working for a decade...
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

I can't help the fact that I was born at least a decade too late :P

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah I know I feel like the little kid but I'm the next-gen ;) at least I think I am more respectful than many others  :D also because as I have been the "Arantor-guy" of another forum (3 times more post than the moderator and I was co-mod) I kinda know what it feels like to have newbies being arrogant etc...
I just somehow regret that I will not be able to know everything the way you do for my hate towards coding, I am fascinated by some stuff but I started to hate it since I used Derive and Pascal with their stupid "start var clrscr and end." with the "." at the end otherwise the program would fail, useless crappy thingy. It all started with that thing and never ended, but at least I hope to get some skills anyhow, not like you but you know, much more than average ;)
But hey you 2 stop discussing about who is older than who, you sound like you are getting sad about it :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: