News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post Approval

Started by zerinfection, July 09, 2014, 03:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerinfection

Hi

I need some help as I am new to using smf.
I need to set up my forum so when people post a topic or replies they need to be approved first until they hit 5 post or replies. When they hit the 5 post or reply target they can then post and replies without approval. Hope this makes sense.

I have been trying to crack for about a week now with no such luck

Thanks

Kindred

check out the wiki/manual.

specifically:    permissions -> membergroups -> post count based membergroups
turn the option ON
then set one membergroup to start at 0 posts (predefined, newbie) and turn ON the permission that requires approval for post and OFF the post without requiring approval
add another membergroup to start at 5 posts and turn OFF the requires approval permission and turn ON the post without requiring approval.

However, I will ask -- what is your reason for doing this?   If it is regarding SPAMmers, then there are better options (see the Wiki/FAQ regarding SPAM) to stoip them before they even register.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

Welcome to the crazy-house, man!

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Permissions#Post_Moderation

You probably didn't see it, because the six "Topic approval permissions" are only visible if "Post moderation" is enabled, in "Core features". (Seems a bit odd, to me, that, I have to confess... ;)

Edit: Ninjad! :P

zerinfection

cheers people.

I have turned on and try ed to apply but no joy i see newbie member to 0 and the Jr member to 5 then set in permission that newbies can post but need approval where Jr members don't but does not work. Am i doing something wrong here.

Cheers

zerinfection

no worries sort it had to make changes to regular member is well cheers people

Kindred

yup....   you got it!

good job
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: