2.0.6 to 2.0.7 test failed

Started by Vermis, July 18, 2014, 07:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermis

Hello. I've been a little lax in upgrading to 2.0.8 from 2.0.6, but when I try to do that via 2.0.7 I keep getting a test failure:

3.   Replace   ./Sources/Subs.php   Test failed

Not to mention when I try downloading the different file types of the 2.0.7 upgrade from this site, my forum says they're 'empty'.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is, and what to do about it?

Thanks.

NanoSector

Hi Vermis, welcome to SMF!

Have you installed any mods on your forum?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Vermis

Hello NanoSector.

Only updates 2.0.2 through to 2.0.5, plus the SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 update.

NanoSector

Okay, that should not cause any issues.

Can you expand the bar where it says "Test Failed", and then click the little pencil icon on the instruction where it fails? That should open a popup window with the instructions it tries to test.
Try to manually make said instructions in your Subs.php file. If you're lost, post back here and I'll give a hand :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Vermis

Hmm. Looks like it's trying to find smileys to replace, which might be a little difficult since they were removed. (I tried uploading an alternate set, which worked for a while until it caused the forum to lock up and all the text to disappear, so I got rid...)

Thanks again, NanoSector. I'll try patching things up, though in all likelihood I will be lost and will be back. ;)

margarett

Actually you changing smileys in your ACP does not change any code SMF files, it's all database operations.

Can you give us this info here, please?
Quote from: NanoSector on July 18, 2014, 08:10:12 AM
Can you expand the bar where it says "Test Failed", and then click the little pencil icon on the instruction where it fails? That should open a popup window with the instructions it tries to test.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

actually -- if you have no mods or custom coding installed (custom themes won't matter) - then you can just use the large upgrade archive and overwrite everything with 2.0.8 files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: