News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Same user login and password from site.

Started by Yes-U-Can, July 21, 2014, 03:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes-U-Can

I am not sure if there is a mod here somewhere that may use the same password and username from the website....There is this mod that will use same username and password  but soon you change passwords both site and forums will be different...If there is something similar or some mod here please let me know..Thanks in advance
Bullying people is not right, STOP YOUR BULLYING GROW UP AND BE AN ADULT!!!

Chalky

Is that an auction mod you're using there?  Is that what you mean that the forum and auction mod aren't synchronising credentials?  Or that the discrepancy is between the forum and the rest of your site?  If the first you really need to be asking on the auction mod's support topic.  If the second, check out SSI and see if that would help.  Are you using a different software for the rest of your website?

Yes-U-Can

Quote from: ChalkCat on July 21, 2014, 03:53:29 AM
Is that an auction mod you're using there?  Is that what you mean that the forum and auction mod aren't synchronising credentials?  Or that the discrepancy is between the forum and the rest of your site?  If the first you really need to be asking on the auction mod's support topic.  If the second, check out SSI and see if that would help.  Are you using a different software for the rest of your website?

Yes this is a auction mod, you are correct, they do not synchronize but only when the password is either changed in forums or in auction site, when user registers you can use the same password on auction site or on forums fine,, but won't synchronize once you change credentials on either or sections..

Chalky

Ah, gotcha.  Yes, that's definitely a question for the author of the auction mod, so you'll get the best response by posting on that mod's support topic.  It sounds like the mod isn't working as it should and there may even already be a fix for it.  Did you download the mod on this site or elsewhere?

margarett

May I ask which MOD is that?

If it's a SMF MOD, it should be using SMF's members...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Yes-U-Can

Quote from: ChalkCat on July 21, 2014, 05:09:09 AM
Ah, gotcha.  Yes, that's definitely a question for the author of the auction mod, so you'll get the best response by posting on that mod's support topic.  It sounds like the mod isn't working as it should and there may even already be a fix for it.  Did you download the mod on this site or elsewhere?

First let me mention wmf forums is working fine..I was seeking a similar mod.. I did not download that mod, i have an account here http://www.probidv7mods.com/index.php... Margaret it's a Phpprobid mod... i did add the news but Ray the creator and that mod and the one in hare of his forums never help anyone there,, I will be honest and an say i rarely see a forums to help out, unlike Simple Machines helps everyone around here, thanks for that...I will post the coding that phpprobid mod has maybe someone may tweak it to better it..

Yes-U-Can

##########THIS IS WHAT THE MOD HAS#############

Before installing, you will want to learn what your DB names and prefixes are.
Generally, if your hosting account name is say:  auctionq   (Being your login name)
then your Databases are generally the same.

Example: auctionq_probid Would be your auction site database.

Example: auctionq_forums Would be your SMF Forum site database.

Now we have this out of the way, you will need to know if you use any prefix names
on your SMF tables. By default, the SMF DB table for user records is:  smf_members
In your Settings.php file for SMF, you could opt to have a prefix for the tables.

Example:  smf_  which would make your SMF users table:  smf_members

In the 1st copy and paste below, you will want to change all instances within it
from probidsc_smf to the name of your own --SMF-- DB name.

Likewise, you will want to change all instances within it from smf_ to your own SMF table prefix.
If you do not use a prefix, you will simply wish to remove it.

Now, lets begin.

============================
IN FILE: includes/class_user.php FIND:
============================

$sql_insert_user = $this->query("INSERT INTO " . DB_PREFIX . "users
         (username, password, email, reg_date, payment_mode, balance, max_credit,
         salt,   tax_account_type, tax_company_name, tax_reg_number, tax_apply_exempt,
         name, address, city, country, state, zip_code, phone, birthdate, birthdate_year, newsletter,
         pg_paypal_email, pg_worldpay_id, pg_checkout_id, pg_nochex_email,
         pg_ikobo_username, pg_ikobo_password, pg_protx_username, pg_protx_password,
         pg_authnet_username, pg_authnet_password, pg_mb_email, pg_paymate_merchant_id,
         pg_gc_merchant_id, pg_gc_merchant_key, pg_amazon_access_key, pg_amazon_secret_key, pg_alertpay_id, pg_alertpay_securitycode,
         pg_gunpal_id, first_name, last_name) VALUES
         ('" . $user_details['username'] . "', '" . $password_hashed . "',   '" . $user_details['email'] . "',
         " . CURRENT_TIME . ", " . $payment_mode . ",   '" . $balance . "', '" . $max_credit . "',
         '" . $salt . "', '" . $user_details['tax_account_type'] . "', '" . $user_details['tax_company_name'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['tax_reg_number'] . "', '" . $tax_apply_exempt . "', '" . $full_name . "',
         '" . $user_details['address'] . "', '" . $user_details['city'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['country'] . "', '" . $user_details['state'] . "', '" . $user_details['zip_code'] . "',
         '" . $phone . "', '" . $birthdate . "', '" . $birthdate_year . "', '" . $user_details['newsletter'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_paypal_email'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_worldpay_id'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_checkout_id'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_nochex_email'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_ikobo_username'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_ikobo_password'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_protx_username'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_protx_password'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_authnet_username'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_authnet_password'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_mb_email'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_paymate_merchant_id'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_gc_merchant_id'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_gc_merchant_key'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_amazon_access_key'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_amazon_secret_key'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_alertpay_id'] . "', '" . $user_details['pg_alertpay_securitycode'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['pg_gunpal_id'] . "',
         '" . $user_details['first_name'] . "', '" . $user_details['last_name'] . "')");

$user_id = $this->insert_id();

===============
BELOW THIS ADD:
===============

if (IN_ADMIN != 1) {
      function getSqlNumber($sqlQuery) {
      $query=@mysql_query($sqlQuery);
      $result=@mysql_num_rows($query);
      @mysql_free_result($query);
      return $result;
      }
      function getSqlRow($query) {
      $result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
      $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
      mysql_free_result($result);
      return $row;
      }
      $saltlength = 4;
      $salta = '';
      for ($i = 0; $i < $saltlength; $i++)
      $salta .= chr(rand(ord('a'), ord('z')));
      $pass = md5(md5($user_details['password']) . $salta);   

$insertuser =$this->query("INSERT INTO smf_members

(member_name, date_registered, last_login, real_name, passwd, email_address, hide_email, pm_email_notify, is_activated, id_post_group, password_salt)
      VALUES ('$user_details[username]', unix_timestamp(), unix_timestamp(), '$user_details[username]', '$pass', '$user_details[email]', 1, 1, 1, 4, '$salta')");
      $smfmember_id = $this->insert_id();
      $member_count = $this->get_sql_number("SELECT id_member FROM smf_members");
      $update_a = $this->query("UPDATE smf_settings SET value = '".$user_details['username']."' WHERE variable = 'latestRealName'");
      $update_b = $this->query("UPDATE smf_settings SET value = '".$smfmember_id."' WHERE variable = 'latestMember'");
      $update_c = $this->query("UPDATE smf_settings SET value = '".$member_count."' WHERE variable = 'totalMembers'");
      }

Once done with the above, you have completed your Auction Site registration.  This means, now, when a
user creates an account with your auction site, an account will automagically be created for them on
your SMF site.  Their login name and password will be the -same- for the forums, and the auction.
If you have not already, you will want to goto your Control Panel of your host, and add your auction site
DB user to your forums DB and your forums DB user to your auction site DB. (User, with write access).

Now your done!

Yes-U-Can

Not sure but here is a bit of a password table difference . see what probid_users use and what wmf_members table use on password etc etc

this is an example:

probid_users   (password): a33339247hrfca0b4efg4ed66de3f7b9
probid_users   (salt):  41f

probid_smf_members   (passwd): 7hever582b2ff5459d091ad5d756fc78
probid_smf_members   (password_salt ): ngsz

margarett

No idea... You should really contact whoever developed that...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: