News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Importing Joomla! member list to SMF

Started by N8BMB, July 28, 2014, 12:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N8BMB

I have absolutely no clue where to post this, so if it needs to be moved, so be it.

I am running Joomla 3.3.3 for my main website and I really don't want to make all my site members have to go through ANOTHER registration process just to access the forum.

My question is this:  Is there a way to import the member list from Joomla! into SMF?  Maybe through the MySQL database?  I have seen the references to bridge software for Joomla!, however, the ones I have seen are from 2009 and WAY before the current version release of Joomla!, not to mention that apparently there was some sort of gaff with the licensing stuff.

If anyone can provide any insight I would seriously appreciate the assistance!

Kindred

there were two joomla-smf bridges (both developed and supported off this site) las time I looked... but I don't know if either of them was updated to support the newest versions...

and yes, a bridge is what you need....

You could build yourself a very basic one, for user info alone, if you have some coding skills, using the SMF API (see links in the wiki/manual)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

N8BMB

Thanks for the info - so, then what/who makes these if they already exist and where to find them? 

I have no skills at all to build one, so I would have to find someone to do this, assuming it requires extensive coding since all I am capable of, really, is simple changes per directions to make something work - my weather template for example.  They gave you the template and all I had to do was some simple modification in the code for the info I wanted changed/displayed.

I appreciate the assistance!

Kindred

I am not sure who does the bridges these days... I'd suggest checking the joomla marketplace.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: