News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Custom payment gateway?

Started by blogger419, August 26, 2014, 07:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blogger419

I need to setup a payment gateway other than PayPal. I am wondering if there are any mods or tutorials available for this? I've been searching around quite a bit and I don't see any tutorials that actually work.

Kindred

Not really...   PayPal is the only one that I know which has ever been actively pursued and/or designed
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Arantor

There was a mod for Google Wallet but no idea if it works.

I know Nibogo made one for 2Checkout at one point but he never released it, then again if I'm honest I wouldn't trust it anyway.

There are no tutorials for it because it's ridiculously complicated to implement successfully and each payment provider is different anyway so there's no way to create a generic tutorial that would even work.

blogger419

So how do people setup subscriptions when paypal isn't available?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

It might help if you outlined which payment processor you were hoping to use.

blogger419

Arantor

Not sure it's possible.

From their site, I see that they expect you to use their library. Trouble is, they only offer ASP and Perl - and neither of the download links work.

Those libraries would be required to be ported to PHP first of all and it will not work without that information. You'd have to ask them.

JBlaze

Not to get sidetracked from the OP, but I've been using Stripe lately for all transactions on sites. It's very flexible and easy to set up, and more forgiving that PayPal overall. Could be an idea for me down the road to do up something for it if it hasn't already been done.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Arantor

That reminds me, I really should implement more payment processors as paid mods sometime (and by using them myself I make sure they work)

blogger419

Quote from: Arantor on August 27, 2014, 11:45:45 AM
That reminds me, I really should implement more payment processors as paid mods sometime (and by using them myself I make sure they work)

Do you know of anyone currently offering paid mods for payment processors?

blogger419

Quote from: JBlaze on August 27, 2014, 03:17:21 AM
Not to get sidetracked from the OP, but I've been using Stripe lately for all transactions on sites. It's very flexible and easy to set up, and more forgiving that PayPal overall. Could be an idea for me down the road to do up something for it if it hasn't already been done.

Any chance you could help me get this setup on my site? I'd be willing to pay.

Arantor

There is no-one currently offering any. I will take it under advisement as a possible thing going forward for my paid mod site, but the one you asked about seems mildly unlikely, unfortunately.

blogger419

Something that just occurred to me, a lot of payment processors have gatway software that works with various shopping cart software. Would it be possible to setup a subscription in the shopping cart that would auto add people to the correct group once the payment was made? Or would I essentially still be in the same position?

Arantor

That's almost certainly *more* complex than building a custom gateway.

Advertisement: