Adding your own buttons to Subs.php

Started by Mathesar, September 01, 2014, 03:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathesar

Hello SMF Community,

This is my first official post here, hurrah! I am in desperate need of some help and after extensive searching I yet to find anyone able to provide a detailed solution. Here's my challenge: when I create my own custom navigation buttons using the same techniques found > here < it functions perfectly as intended. The only thing I am having difficulty integrating is that when I click on any of the custom navigation buttons I created, even though it still takes me to the correct location I specify in href the active button indicator automatically high-lights the "home" button rather then button I had just selected. I hope that make sense. As an arbitrary example if you look at the navigation buttons such as "home","help", "search" etc. when you click any of them they take you to that href location and as a result that button has some kind of visual cue that tells the user that is where they are. But say I added my own button to that array titled "media" linked to an external custom page (using this format here) and when I click on that it takes me to that custom page and everything shows correctly headers footers, navigation bar, etc except the "home" button is high-lighted not the "media" button. Please can anyone in detail provide me with a step-by-step way to integrate my custom buttons so the have the same visual behavior as the standard smf buttons? I know this can be done because when I added tinyportal to my forum that button was added to my navigation bar and has the desired visual behavior I am looking for on my custom buttons.

Advertisement: