News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

preview image for login page

Started by iain sherriff, September 13, 2014, 05:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain sherriff

When someone uses my forum link in Facebook if the preview shows the login page there is no image with it (if not the login page it shows the forum logo)....................

can I do some thing to get an image in the login preview ?
SMF 2.0.12

Looking

I believe that is something to do with Facebook and not SMF. They used to give you a selection of images from the page to choose from but not anymore.

Kindred

1- the page to be posted MUST be available to be seen by guests.

2- Facebook now rejects any URL with a semicolon in it...  which means it can not process many attachment urls.

3- It seems to work correctly for my site using the facebook-page integration mod
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Legions-of-Steel/272479519478619
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iain sherriff

Ah, most pages are not available to guests.

Can I get the login page to show something using the Mod Kindred ?
SMF 2.0.12

Looking

QuoteAh, most pages are not available to guests.
If its the login page you're after then that would be seen by guests at least it should.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

You may have to fix one official image for your forum so that Facebook will display that image instead of emptiness. Try the suggested mod first. If that is not working, bump in here again. There are various other ways suggested by various blogs / sites on how to achieve that too.

iain sherriff

Thanks. I don't want to have any of the Mod features so think an Official image would be a better way for me to go........................
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

you would either edit index.template.php to add in your own OG tags

it looks like this mod adds opengraph support (along with a like button)
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3153
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iain sherriff

That mod seems to be unsupported now Kindred....shame, it would have done what I need.

SMF 2.0.12

iain sherriff

so,checking the FB OG pages I get this example

<meta property="og:image"           content="http://dsdglobalsupport.com/fbog.png" />

SO I just need to add that (but with my image) in the meta area of the theme index.template.php ?
SMF 2.0.12

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: