How do I "move" my forum?

Started by Ron., September 18, 2014, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron.

My host recently moved my forum to another server and since then my users (myself included) have been unable to log in. I managed to back up the files at the old location and upload them to the new, but I can't get anything to work. I just get a "file not found" message when I try to connect the the URL.

I am completely lost.

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ron.

Thank you, Kindred. That is the sort of information I need.

kat

Ron.

I am struggling. I managed to run "repair_settings," but I am very confused by what it is telling me. It says, for example, that the forum directory is: "D:Hosting6121977html" but it should be "D:\Hosting\6121977\html". I have changed it in "settings" and have included the back slashes, but it keeps complaining of the same thing. I have tried single quotes around the names as well as double quotes.

kat

Shouldn't they be forward slashes?

////

Illori

Quote from: K@ on September 19, 2014, 10:26:01 AM
Shouldn't they be forward slashes?

////
on windows they are back slashes, linux uses forward slashes. this seems to be an issue with the repair_settings.php script... which i thought was fixed already.

margarett

Where did you get repair_settings from?

I just downloaded the version on the site and I can't reproduce that issue... See attached

Can you please attach the file you're using?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ron.

I am using the version of repair_settings that came with the original software installation. I will look for a new copy of this file.

Ron.

I just downloaded the latest version  of repair_settings, uploaded it to the site and ran it. Same problem. Attached a copy, as per Margarett's request.

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ron.

margarett

magic_quotes is off, so it's not that either :(

OK, another test... In Settings.php edit your $boarddir with double slashes. Like this:
$boarddir = 'D:\\Hosting\\6121977\\html';

Then load repair_settings again and check if the path shows up correct (just one slash). Then save and see if it disappears. If so, Settings.php should have again just one slash...

Kindred

While Margarett tries to fix your issue, I am confused about one thing...

The file that came with the original installation?    We don't distribute repair_settings.pho with either the install or the upgrade archives....   What installation is I clouding repair_settings?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: margarett on September 19, 2014, 02:15:39 PM
magic_quotes is off, so it's not that either :(

OK, another test... In Settings.php edit your $boarddir with double slashes. Like this:
$boarddir = 'D:\\Hosting\\6121977\\html';

Then load repair_settings again and check if the path shows up correct (just one slash). Then save and see if it disappears. If so, Settings.php should have again just one slash...

Use forward slashes. Works just fine in Windows. And you don't have to escape an escape character. Not sure if repair_settings.php renormalises it by way of realpath() though.

margarett

I just don't understand why it fails here and not in my localhost...

Arantor

Different version of repair_settings? It definitely was broken at one point.

Night09

I have a copy to hand from 2011. Its old so maybe a copy could help pin it down?  It appears to go with / .

If you want one ill attach it to next post, dont think its archived in any way here for back issues.

margarett

I have several copies :P from different versions.
Arantor, the version being used here it's the one from the download page (and that you helped me to fix, with an issue exactly related with backslashes disappearing :P

Advertisement: