News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adjusting the spacing between two blocks

Started by Akshtsaklani7, September 26, 2014, 11:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akshtsaklani7

Hello,

I'm using smf 2.0.8 with simpleportal. There is no vertical spacing between the blocks that makes it look a bit ugly and this is probably due to my theme. Is there a way to adjust spacing between the blocks?

How it should look.

how it looks

Ninja ZX-10RR

You should address this question to the author of that theme (he will know better than anybody else!), plus it's not really a 2.0.x support question... More a graphics and templates question ;)
A tip: if you don't provide a link to that page it's impossible anyway to help you, even if I could have done that.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Akshtsaklani7

Quoteif you don't provide a link to that page it's impossible anyway to help you.

http://www.theultimatestep.net/

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well it's kinda easy if you aren't looking for something particularly crazy so you might don't even need the theme author for this...

In file:
/Themes/Reseller/css/index.css
Code (find) Select

div.cat_bar
{
background: #34495e;
padding-left: 9px;
height: 35px;
overflow: hidden;
margin-bottom: 1px;

Code (add after) Select

margin: 4px;

Same file:
Code (find) Select

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg, #preview_body, .windowbg2, .windowbg3
{
color: #000;
background-color: #fff;
border-radius: 4px;
margin: 0.2em 0;

Code (replace) Select

/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg, #preview_body, .windowbg2, .windowbg3
{
color: #000;
background-color: #fff;
border-radius: 4px;
margin: 0.2em 4px;

If you check what I have edited you can easily figure out how to tweak the pixels if you want it larger or smaller. I just set 4 pixels since IMHO it looks good :)

Tell me if it works :D (it should, I am seeing it looking great here, just remember to clear both browser and forum cache ;))
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Antechinus

Um, I think he just wants to fix the portal block spacing. not change the spacing everywhere those classes are used on every SMF page/action/whatever. This is a Simple Portal CSS problem, nothing to do with default theme as such.

Akshtsaklani7

Thank you for looking into it. The theme author helped. The issue is solved

Advertisement: