question about URL migration

Started by phanhan, November 12, 2014, 03:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phanhan

Hello everybody.
Is there a relatively fast method, which would redirect about 50 thousand results associated with the old script forum for those associated with the SMF?
You know, that link are quite different, and updating the results of the search will take a long time.
What did you do in a similar situation?

margarett

What "result" is that? Can you give us an example?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

however, to answer your question... probably not.

redirecting requires pattern matching on BOTH sides of the equation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JBlaze

What forum software are you converting from? To redirect all URI's from x-software to SMF isn't really that hard, provided that each post/message/user/pm/etc URL's all have their unique identifier present in the URL.

From there, you just need to set redirect rules with 301 headers in an .htaccess file.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Valeriane

You have to use htacess, its quite simple with a code redirecting all your url to an other or differents.

Valeriane

something like this can help you => RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/underconstruction.html
RewriteRule ^ /underconstruction.html [R=301]

Kindred

No no no no no... You would not ever use a 301 for a temporary redirect!!!!!!!

Additionally, tomdomitmproperly,my our need to know the pattern of the old url and the matching pattern of the new one...   For example, you need to know that post 102 on the old site redirects to post 1067 on the new site... And the same for EVERY post
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: