News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Sources > Subs-Auth.php file deleted itself

Started by cbielich, November 17, 2014, 01:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbielich

I am having a weird issue. I am receiving the following error

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/html/latestgamecheat/Sources/Subs-Auth.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/html/latestgamecheat/Sources/Security.php on line 543

The obvious reason is that the Subs-Auth.php file is missing, I noticed that it was missing initially. When I upload the original file manually to my server after refreshing the page it immediately deletes the file. I have no idea why it is doing that.

I recently moved me site from one hosting company to another. I also ran the repair_settings.php and changed all my directory paths to the correct settings.

Any help?

Arantor

This would imply the new hosting company has overly strict security procedures that delete 'suspicious looking files'.

Of course, none of these companies ever tell *us* what is suspicious looking about anything in SMF so it's not like we can ever fix it properly...

Contact them, ask them why their security system keeps dealing your files.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

(This is not just GoDaddy. I am hearing rumours of HostGator doing something similar)

cbielich

So I figured it out, for whatever reason when I tried to upload through my FTP client filezilla it skipped many files in the Sources folder. I used godaddy's file manager through a web browser and uploaded them that way it worked just fine.

Weird because filezilla didn't report any connect or permissions issues when uploading the files.

Also please tell someone in the upper management that the image verification is ridiculously hard to read and I mean really hard....

Arantor

cbielich

After finding 3 of them I just uploaded the entire Sources folder and that fixed it. The three I found were

Sources/Subs-Auth.php
Sources/Subs-Editor.php
Sources/Crap can't remember the third one sorry

They were all in Sources folder though

kat

Change Filezilla's "Transfer type", under the "Transfers" menu, to "binary". The default "auto" setting is known to break some files.

Arantor

Hmmmmmm. I'm confused by the first one, the others... even more surprising.

Something is weird.

@K@: I do not understand why auto would freak text files. Images, sure, but not text files. And not in a 'file not even being uploaded' way.

kat

It shouldn't, I concur. But, for whatever reason, it does, with some. I've known it happen to a number of people, including me.

I have no idea as to why, though.

Someone did explain it, here, a while back. Pity I didn't bookmark it. :(

Arantor

I can't imagine why it would, though, that's the weird thing. I know what it's doing with the auto thing, at least what it's supposed to be doing as per what FTP specification says. But I don't get why it would mess up text files.

kat

Me, neither.

Fact is, though, it does and I can't figure any pattern with the files that croak.

Life... don't talk to me about life... ;)

Kindred

k@ is just wierd - he can break any technology by looking at it. :P

Subs-Auth has been reported by others on GoDaddy - as has Subs-Post

and although it has been reported on HostGator as well, I immediately suspect GoDaddy because... well.  Stupid.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kat

JBlaze

Quote from: Arantor on November 17, 2014, 01:39:54 PM
Contact them, ask them why their security system keeps dealing your files.

Well, that's a new one. A webhost that deals your own personal files. 8)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Arantor

JBlaze

Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Arantor

I quite agree. I just disagree whose keyboard and whose chair ;D

Sir Osis of Liver

Filezilla default transfer settings will break attachment files with hashed file names because they have no extension.  Other files are not affected.

Edit -> Settings -> Transfers -> File Types -> Treat files without extension as ASCII file
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

I believe this is the point I made earlier in thread?

Kindred

yes. you did...   k@ seems to be the only one to ever see an issue with php files transferring via auto. I've never been able to reproduce the problem....
Слaва
Украинi

kat

There've been a number of incidents, here, where that's been shown to be the problem, with seemingly random files.

'course, searching for them would be... phun.

Sethv2

I'm on Godaddy, and when I try to upload via ftpzilla (transfer set to binary), the file immediately deletes itself.

Edit: Subs.php and Load.php does so as well. At this point, I'm just going to upload the entire folder via the folder manager on Godaddy's CP.

kat

It'll be their "mod_security" settings. GoDaddy are infamous for having that set really badly and they won't change it. :(

Finaddicts

I had the same issue, transferred with GoDaddy file manager and they would auto delete. I found if I could catch them before they deleted and changed the permissions to executable they worked okay You have to be fast and get them before they are deleted. 

Advertisement: